LegacyGT.com

Questions I have always wanted to find out.

just some questions that some of you may be able to answer.

How do rod crank bushings get oiled? is there literary a hole inside the whole crank that feeds oil to the bushing?

what about the joint at the piston pin where the rod connects.

where is the power generated to make the spark exactly. it not like a little briggs and staton that has a flywheel coil pack.

do the o2 sensors have to be in the cats? people that run straight pipe must just have them in the pipes? how do they not throw a code for a bad o2 sensor?

where do zombies come from?

what exactly is rolling your fenders? do they just bend "L" shape od the sheet metal farther back so its not a L and more a U bend. that would clear like at least a half inch for more tire. or do they pull the fender farther out?

is the leather subaru uses real in my car?

could i just wire another battery in parallel to slim the chances of having a dead battery after running the music for an hour or two. or do I gotta do more?

how do i remove the little bracket on the wagons hatch that holds the plate lights and handle? and can i buy a new one. mines complete rust.

1) There is a hole yes, and there is a valley in the bearings that it can run through. (that is if a bushing as your referred is a really bearing)

2) There is a hole in the top of the rod for oil to get onto the pin. (not much though)

3) Alternator is turned by the crank spinning which then creates electricity, which is then transferred to the plugs?

4) I have no cat and have never had a problem with my o2's

5) The molecular structure of the cerebellum, frontal lobe, and temporal lobe begins to break down, consequently resulting in a zombified state. They are so damn resilient because there brain stem almost triples in size.

6) idk

7) Its baby seal

8) You would probanly have to do more. It would be trying to sustain max capacity all the time, so it would were on your alternator? Maybe.. total guess.

9) Oddly enough I have never done that. So idk, have you pulled the internal matting off yet?

1) It depends on the engine. Some small engines use splash oiling (which is very effective). Others have an oil galley that feeds through holes in the main journals.

2) The piston pin is also called a wrist pin. They are usually oil saturated bronze (oilite) and often rely on splash oiling. Some cars have little sprayers in the cylinder that squirt oil onto the back of the piston, the EJ22T was one of them. There is typically a hole bored through the rod so that oil from the rod bearing can get to the pin. Oil wicks out of the bushing at the piston and drains back down to the pan.

3) Electrical capacitance. You charge a capacitor and rapidly discharge it. That creates a spark of sufficiently high voltage to produce a high temperature arc. The method varies from make to make, but that's the basic process. It's no more complicated than getting a small shock when you touch a door knob.

4) O2 sensors are never IN the cat. They are always in the pipe directly after the cat.

5) Texas.

6) Rolling is what you described. PULLING a fender is physically pulling it further out. I rolled the fenders on my first-gen Legacy using a baseball bat and a heat gun.

7) 9/10 times, leather is synthetic. I don't think Subaru has ever used REAL leather in any of their cars, but I could be wrong.

8) Just run the car. But two batteries in parallel would increase the "car off" run time.

9) You probably remove the inner trim and start unscrewing things.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

just some questions that some of you may be able to answer.

do the o2 sensors have to be in the cats? people that run straight pipe must just have them in the pipes? how do they not throw a code for a bad o2 sensor?

where do zombies come from?

what exactly is rolling your fenders? do they just bend "L" shape od the sheet metal farther back so its not a L and more a U bend. that would clear like at least a half inch for more tire. or do they pull the fender farther out?

is the leather subaru uses real in my car?

could i just wire another battery in parallel to slim the chances of having a dead battery after running the music for an hour or two. or do I gotta do more?

That is the common place for 02 sensors to be as they read oxygen levels to help with engine blah blha blah. Yes catless exhuast have the places for O2 sensors to read back preasure but they can be easily fouled which they made O2 extenders. These work are for the test pipes, and high flow cats.

zombies come from a bird and geneticly mutated bee.....ask you parents for the rest.....

there is the act of rolling your fenders and there is the act of pulling your fenders. Rolling your renders is to bend sheet metal into a tightly formed u shape in hopes that the tire will not rub against it. This will let you run wider tires such as 225 series. The act of pulling your fenders is done by heating up the sheet metal and using a fender roller(yes it has two purposes) to pull on the fender creating more room under the fenders for larger sized rims and tires. Usually people who lower their cars or/and into the wheel fitment are most into worrying about how much to pull the fenders out trying to achieve the flush look with minimum scrap age from the tire.

Its synthetic leather, it probably has some properties of leather in it but definitely not right from the cow itself. You will only find true leather in luxury cars. Other that synthetic is resistant to alot of elements and last alot longer unlike real leather needs maintenance alot more to keep it in good looking shape.

and as for the battery thing,i wouldn't try it, if your spending that long inside your car listing to music i would bring a portable battery recharger. No need to have a post on here tittle legacy engulfed in flames.

sweet this is great info. and i cant really talk about each person response though, just a tad be more words

the batteries in parallel would not be a fire hazard. i think. i use to run batteries in parallel in robots all the time, and yes. the extra battery is for times like when im at the statepark and i beck the car up to the park and blast music for a couple hours.

and about the o2 in the cats. idk about your cars. but i have 2 cats it looks like and the o2 sensors both are located on each one? the reason i ask is if i go staight pipe to save gas i dont want a code or limp mode.

ok, for the question about the spark, it is a common misconception that the coil is a capacitor. it is actually an induction coil.

An induction coil actually has two coils. one has a 12V pulse sent through it, and due to the construction of the coil the electro-magnetic field that the first coil produces induces a charge in the secondary coil. because the two coils use different size and length of wire the voltage is stepped up to ~20-30 kV. the current is also dropped due to the inverse nature of voltage and current. that high voltage is sent to the spark plug and arcs igniting the fuel.

Tbird is technically correct. It's an induction coil. I should have been more technical instead of simplifying it to a capacitor.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

sweet this is great info. and i cant really talk about each person response though, just a tad be more words

the batteries in parallel would not be a fire hazard. i think. i use to run batteries in parallel in robots all the time, and yes. the extra battery is for times like when im at the statepark and i beck the car up to the park and blast music for a couple hours.

and about the o2 in the cats. idk about your cars. but i have 2 cats it looks like and the o2 sensors both are located on each one? the reason i ask is if i go staight pipe to save gas i dont want a code or limp mode.

Yeah all subaru's came with two cats stock(well atleast the impreza, legacy,outback and forester platforms) And yes the o2 sensors are in the cats.

When you go straight pipe you will need to have extended o2 sensor gaps(thier name is somthing like that) you can find them at autozone all day. In your straight pipe you will need to have two positions for those o2 sensors.

You car will most likely throw a code saying omgwtfbbq but unplug the battery pump the brakes, then re connect everything fire her up and wait for the code. Once its back up clear it with a ob2 reader and you should be good.

Archived