LegacyGT.com

More talk/thoughts of deep rim lipness...

BrownBoy

Okay, I've looked around, and I stay pretty up to date w/ this site. And I know this has been talked about extensively...But, I have a question concerning rims. I know that there has been great in depth coverage of why us Legacy folks cant have deep dish rims. But, the Linea Limix rims pull off a very nice lip w/ a +high 40s or 50 something offset. And they dont curve like the SSRs Comps. Why is this? Why dont they make different designs in a similar lip/rim configuration? I dont want to get rims and not have a lip:mad:. Call me stubborn, but I want lip, and yes, I know I can get the curved rims that make it look like it's got a lip, etc. But maybe a little..or maybe alot fender modifying is worth going to a lower offset to get some lip... so what do you guys have to say about this? Maybe I'm just thinking aloud and this thread is pointless, but chime in if this interests you, or you're bored, or you just want to make me feel like a fool:D...

lippy goodness is in.

Since you did say you want lip and you know why you can't have a lot of lip, that's the cards you're given. For me, I wanted a wider profile and with as much lip as I could get because *I* personally don't like the wheel face and the spoke design being flush with each other. I was also looking for a specific color. Just keep Keefe's numbers in mind while surfing the net. The biggest hurdle is finding a wheel in the number range that will fit and not hit any suspension parts, or rub anything. When you search for a specific offset, your wheel choices drop significantly since most wheels are for FWD (high-er offset). I finally found my set - Konig Next series, bronze with polished lip - 18x7.5+45.

The spokes ends do bend inward for that design, as keefe puts it "faux lip". I don't mind it at all and it gives the illusion of lip. Looking at more pictures that people are posting, I could probably go with 8" wide since people have already done it. .5" more with the same +45 will give an even more lip ledge. Maybe my next set will be 8" wide with some stretched tires... Hmmm.

You could just request for people to post pictures of their wheels "if you have X offset" or "if you have lip, let me see a picture" and just ask them for wheel specs. It's cool if you ask ... What do people say? You're not a fool if you ask, you're a fool if you don't ask.

Archived