LegacyGT.com

SLC Dyno Day April 2nd, AWD Mustang Dyno

Hybrid_Hatch

I want your Audi!!!!!

Thanks, sorry to say it isn't for sale, nor anytime in the foreseeable future.

Ziptie's dyno doesn't read low, it tells the hard truth! Those mustang dynos are nicknamed the "heartbreak" dyno.

Truth bomb... In the sales brochure, the HP that is advertised is usually measured at the crank and at sea level, under ideal conditions. Add 4,500 feet of elevation and some drivetrain loss (15+% avarage loss for AWD), and what you have is what the mustang dyno reads. For these Subarus, at our altitude, anything over 250whp is fantastic.

What is important is that you use the same dyno as you move up and through all your power mods. Jumping around dynos to find the biggest number doesn't make your car faster:lol:

I really like working with the guys at Ziptie. They are very knowledgeable and we are lucky to have a facility where we can measure the actual progress of our cars.

Ziptie is great, based off numbers we have personally seen on these cars it has shown more of a 25-27% drivetrain loss, at least for the Audi AWD systems.

Thanks, sorry to say it isn't for sale, nor anytime in the foreseeable future.

Yeah, I wouldn't ever get rid of that car given its rarity. Especially that color... Most beautiful pearl white ever made and best color Audi ever created. I've been searching for a specific Audi for a long ass time for years and finally gave up.

Ziptie is great, based off numbers we have personally seen on these cars it has shown more of a 25-27% drivetrain loss, at least for the Audi AWD systems.

I did a bit of reading, and that 15% drivetrain loss was for 2WD cars! My mistake:icon_tong. AWD kills power! But it sure is awesome on the track!

There is a wise saying that goes something like this "If you want to make big AWD power, buy and EVO. If you want reliable AWD power, buy a Subaru!"

Here are my graphs, finally got off my ass and scanned them :lol:

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/docholladay23/DynoGraph3Pulls.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/docholladay23/DynoGraphSinglePull.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/docholladay23/DynoResultsMaxRun.jpg

There is a wise saying that goes something like this "If you want to make big AWD power, buy and EVO. If you want reliable AWD power, buy a Subaru!"

...and if you want both buy and Audi!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kQJS71ZRdc]YouTube - URQ 20vt 612whp 527wtq[/ame]

For me, it all has to with taste and what its going to take for me to fix it when things break. I have done my share of work on German cars and it has never been a pleasant experience. There are special tools you have to have for a lot of jobs. Design, engineering, electrical systems and procedures are kind of wacky, to me.

I love the simplicity of the Subaru design. Working on them is enjoyable. No car is perfect, but it's when stuff goes bad/breaks that it's true value shows its pleasant, or ugly face.

No doubt, German engineering has brought us some of the most amazing automotive/performance specimens that the world has ever seen, but it all comes with a price.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll never buy an Audi/VW unless i'm filthy rich and end up buying an R8. Too many issues.

Brandon- You seriously need a better tune, man. That's about the same power I was making when I had my Infamous tune last year (based on airboy's dyno tool). My last solid pull got me 243hp/283ft-lbs. And I don't have a full catback.

Archived