LegacyGT.com

Feelin' a lil' wooooo-zie ~~~~~~

toomanytoyz

Hey Guys,

Is it normal for the exhaust smells to get inside the car after a catless UP and catted DP install??? I wasn't expecting that while keeping a cat in the DP. I don't hear any exhaust leaks up in the engine compartment...

Seemed to be noticeable with the driver's window cracked a bit. Not so much with it all closed up...

~Still dizzy~

Sounds like you have a leak some where, I want to say at the up pipe. Normally you don't smell any exhaust if its not leaking or unless your fully catless and there is a wind blowing from the back of the car to the front.

What I would do is start the car, and wear some sort of glove and feel where the downpipe meets the mid pipe and then at the turbo for any air passing by. This is how I find all my exhaust leaks.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

The funny thing is, I had a wicked leak between the two factory cats in the stock DP at the flange. I did smell that at idle, but never while driving. This smells pretty strong as soon as I crack a window or the roof. There was no smell with the windows closed. Driving around I immediately thought it was coiming in through the gate area, because it only happened when I circulated the air in the cabin...

I think sealing off the vents in the back is what I need to do. I didn't even know they were there until tonight. :)

Archived