LegacyGT.com

ACC Err and Pass Air bag

Chunt999

I have a 2005 Legacy GT Limited (116,xxx) and the only mod I have is a chip to lean the fuel out. (That is even questionable sense I got the care at a dealer and that’s what they said) I have driven this car the last 75k miles with only a power failure in the radio\climate controls. This car runs great and I hope to get another 100k miles out of it.

I noticed a few days ago when I disengage the alarm and enter the vehicle I'm getting a blinking "ACC" light on the info screen. This sometimes is followed by an "Err" after ACC blinks 7 times or so. At the same time my Pass Air bag LED stays illuminated at all times now, even when I depart and engage the alarm. The weight sensor still detects heavier objects and will engage the passenger airbag when sitting in the passenger seat. The blinkers do work when the car is off now. Seems like this discrepancy is growing by the day. I have read a post somewhere about this on this site and others and it seems like no one has found a resolution to this. I read somewhere that some folks even took their car to the dealer and after a week the techs couldn't even find it. Is anyone else encountered this? Please tell me you have a diagnosis...

Archived