LegacyGT.com

Nah being a car guy I know how to do it but I went to college in Rhode Island and lived down in Narragansett and there happened to be a no extra cost Full Serve Exxon (i think it was exxon) and I just went there the whole time hhahaaha. I hate having my hands smell like gas before I went to class or out for the night, even though I like the smell of gas.

We have slightly different fillers here in Oz. What I actually do, is use the cap to keep the flow going, that way u dont have to keep yr hand on the filler. Ive used fillers like the ones in the pics and it wont allow you to do it, it keeps switching off as the cap isnt big enough to hold the handle flat against the filler.

Ada///M.

Ummm ok? Are you trying to say that all people that have full service are morons??? If knowing how to pump gas is your definition of high intellect then you have a warped view haha. This is nothing new in NJ. You haven't had to pump your own gas forever here.

They create jobs by making them pump gas and it is a really nice service to boot. We don't pay more for it, in fact we have the lowest cost gas in the country. So I love it, other then if I have a collectible car and I wanted to do it, it is awesome to chill and be waited on.

They don't let you pump your own gas?!?!?

We're lucky if we get full service around here anymore, however I like it like that. I can fill my own tank, thank you. Man, we wonder why some people are so dumb and think that it's a miracle they made it this far... what next, washroom attendants that hold your... for you? geeze... we're taking everything away from everyone... we're all becoming robots

Whenever I try to hang the cap over the door catch it slides off... hmmm..

Creating jobs by not allowing people to pump their own gas is a shit poor way to create a job IMHO. It would be like telling everyone they aren't allowed to cook their own meals so you have to eat out all the time. So in that vein, I completely agree with Sebberry. The people having their gas pumped for them might not be 'morons' but whoever's idea it was to say "you can't pump your own gas" is indeed a moron.

Score another one for Apathetic Americana!

Why is it a sh!tty way to create jobs? It doesn't increase our gas prices, like I said before ours are the lowest in the country on average @ fullserve.

A job is a job is a job. Why is pumpin gas any worse of a job then "may I take your order" at McDonalds?

I see no point there at all. Not everyone is a rocket scientist and people need jobs like that. As do high school kids that want to learn about cars at a station and make some $. You aren't allowed b/c it is their job and if something happens it is a liability to them that they let you, hence you aren't allowed.

That liability theory works everywhere. Are you allowed to slice your own meat at the deli, thats soooo easy, but no. There are a million examples I can think of for stuff like that.

I woundn't mind pumping my own gas, but since I don't have to screw it haha.

hecki live in NY but right on the border so i always go to NJ for gas - plus it's cheaper. why not get full service. they even wash my windows once in a while. no more check the fluids like back in the day though. as far as i can remember NJ has been that way and i don't think it's a bad way to make jobs. gas stations are usually always profitable anyways if they're in a good location.

Why is it a sh!tty way to create jobs? It doesn't increase our gas prices, like I said before ours are the lowest in the country on average @ fullserve.

A job is a job is a job. Why is pumpin gas any worse of a job then "may I take your order" at McDonalds?

I see no point there at all. Not everyone is a rocket scientist and people need jobs like that. As do high school kids that want to learn about cars at a station and make some $. You aren't allowed b/c it is their job and if something happens it is a liability to them that they let you, hence you aren't allowed.

That liability theory works everywhere. Are you allowed to slice your own meat at the deli, thats soooo easy, but no. There are a million examples I can think of for stuff like that.

I woundn't mind pumping my own gas, but since I don't have to screw it haha.

The only thing I don't like about full serve in NJ is that they let your gas cap just go willy nilly anywhere it wants. It might be best to cut it off so they have to put it on the pump. I'm also not a fan of them filling my car with 93 cents more of gas to round it up to the next dollar. (when I pay with a debit card!)

^^ Thats what really bothers me, besides the hand prints on the car or leaning on it the fact they feel the need to round off the dollars even though I've already paid with a card and they know this, them being the ones who inserted the card. I would really rather be allowed to pump our own gas if we felt like it but oh well thats just one more quirk about home.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

i took a small file to the latch and made a grove in the top of the latch and used some touch up paint to cover it up, that way the cord would have a place to rest and couldnt slide off the latch.

I am going to try that, great idea!!

So here's a question... are you expected to tip the person who pumps your gas in New Jersey?

I was gonna ask that too. I grew up in MA and we had both. I always felt obligated to tip at full serve stations. I don't like that.

No it is their job. Do you tip the guy that rings you up at mcdonalds?

That is all they do. That is what they are paid for.....it isn't an above and beyond "service" b/c there is no exception. 100% of stations employ someone to fill you tank

No it is their job. Do you tip the guy that rings you up at mcdonalds?

That is all they do. That is what they are paid for.....it isn't an above and beyond "service" b/c there is no exception. 100% of stations employ someone to fill you tank

True, but there are people like bellhops that serve one purpose, to bring your luggage to your room, and they expect to be tipped. Same with the porters at the airport. Tipping in this country has gotten complicated, unfortunately.

Archived