LegacyGT.com

invidia vs perrin

I've got an invidia and I like it. However, I will warn you that it's a PITA to install/remove because the bottom 2 bolts require you to use an open ended wrench to tighten/loosen the bolts. The way it's made (maybe just version 2) the bolts are so close that you cant get a socket on the bolt :(

But, if you're not planning on removing it ever... It's a good pipe.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

I'm running the Perrin one piece down pipe. The bolts to the turbo are a little tight to get to but that's with all aftermarket down pipes really. Only then that it's a good piece. My buddy said it's made from a high quality stainless steel when he welded in my wideband bung.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Perrin, ughhhh. Fitment is terrible, it comes within a quarter inch of the firewall and the outlet is too high, usually requiring to remove the center tunnel heat shield.

I've installed both, Invidia all the way. Just need to ck the WG flapper clearance before you bolt it up.

Paul. My pipe should be in soon and I'll be installing it, are you talking about the divorced piece and making sure there is enough clearance to the inside of the turbo? Just double checking what you mean by WG flapper clearance!?

the divorced area on the inside (bellmouth area) of the invidia DP had some issues on some versions. It would prevent the internal wastegate flapper from fully opening. It usually required some cutting to be done on the divorce section. Mine didnt have that issue and I havent heard of the new versions having the issue, but its a thought that is carried through with every person that purchases an Invidia DP. Not that its bad to check, but its not a typical problem anymore.

thank you all for your responses i was strong on the perrin but think im gonna swing to the invidia side. does anyone know where i could get the adaptor to fit it to the stock cbe.

FBP has the adaptor, or I think I may have mine somewhere still.

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/3-inch-downpipe-to-2-5-inch-cat-back-exhaust-adaptor-1.html

Or mine (if I can find it, used but I think I've got the gasket and everything, i'd check before and make sure if you're interested) for $20 shipped.

Why pay the extra dough for the name? I heard that the ERZ/CNT DP are on back order for 3 weeks because the quailty is on the same lines as Perrin, Invidia and Cobb. I rather spend $325 (for catted) or so then those other prices! Hell you don't see the thing and you don't have to worry about the fitment issues that I have heard about with the Invidia as well. I'm going to be running my DP with a Turbo XS flex up pipe and a Magnaflow CBE...can't wait till stage II. :)

Why pay the extra dough for the name? I heard that the ERZ/CNT DP are on back order for 3 weeks because the quailty is on the same lines as Perrin, Invidia and Cobb. I rather spend $325 (for catted) or so then those other prices!

very true but why pay the extra money to have a catted pipe i can pick up a catless invidia from iag for $299 and i dont have to pay for shipping or wait for it to ship.

:) Nothing wrong with that. Your money and time, get what you want and when you want it. Catless is nice, only issue is if you're in an area that requires them it can be a pain when inspection time comes or whatnot, but I've not had any issues.

Ohh, I forgot to mention I got a quote for the CATTED CNT DP for $299 shipped when they arrive in 2-3 weeks...:cool:

Catted CNT MT DPs for $240 shipped here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cnt-catted-mt-down-pipes-240-delivered-con-us-158142.html

Personally I'm happy with my Cobb DP (2.5" taper and all) ;), but if I were in the market now, it'd be CNT all the way.

Talk to Jeremy at Fredbeansparts. He can do better on that price there.

very true but why pay the extra money to have a catted pipe i can pick up a catless invidia from iag for $299 and i dont have to pay for shipping or wait for it to ship.

Archived