LegacyGT.com

CXRacing/CXLightning/ebay/GMS/X02/etc CBE ----> resonator?

toomanytoyz

Hey Guys,

I know this cheap-o exhaust has been discussed at length and I am just looking for a quick confirmation... The design changed somewhere in 2009 and now the intermediate pipe has a resonator? All the pics from vendors I see show no resonator, but a lot of system pics from here after 09 seem to all have the res in place...

So can I expect to receive an exhaust WITH the resonator if I ordered one now?

Thanks!

It was less than spectacular, but I was prepared for it. I had to have the Y-pipe cut and rewelded so the tips sat even, and it does drone between 2500-3000rpm. For me it was just a stepping stone until I could jump on board for msprank's Stromung GB. I also coated it with high-temp clear coat, but it still starting to rust.

The overall sound is great, its just annoying between those rpms in 5th gear for a while.

I'll second what proflat said.

Installed mine last summer, has resonator, but still is fairly loud/drones at highway speed. I was able to get mine to fit fairly straight with some poly hanger and high strangth zip ties pulling the left pipe closer to the outside.

I also coated mine with high temp clear, but the 1 small spot i missed on the right pipe is also rusting after 1 winter.

One day I'll probably swap it out for something more subtle, but not in the plans yet

Thanks for the input, guys. That's pretty much exactly what I've been reading in the hundreds of pages about these exhausts. :)

Now here's a question... Where can I get this exhaust NOW? The only place I see it on eBay is through a seller called "etdmotors". "cxlighting" does not appear to sell them anymore. "etdmotors" told me it was a CXRacing exhaust when I asked the manufacturer. Is this the one I want? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170616649410&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Is there a vendor here that sells the correct one WITH the resonator? Is there any way to guarantee that that's the one I get? I just really want a proven CURRENT source for this system. All the threads in the archives have different places to get them, but none are current...

Sorry to be asking these questions... I just know that the resonated exhaust is the one I want and will be happy with, and I want to be sure I am ordering the right one...

TIA!

Archived