LegacyGT.com

Remove trim around gear stick

Al Thomson

To get to the radio screws you will have to remove the trim beside the radio. You'll need to remove the shifter trim and the parking brake boot or you will scratch the finish on the parking brake boot when you go to remove/reinstall the left side trim.

You'll want a flashlight and a long flat screwdriver to remove the parking brake boot. Easier to sit in the passenger seat.

Pull up on the parking brake boot (part closer to the back of the car). It will come free from the center console but there will still be a clip holding it at the lower front. This is where you will want a little flashlight and your long screwdriver. Once you can see the clip, use the screwdriver to unhook the lower-front clip. Then you can pull the parking brake up over the handle (leave it on).

Now you can pull up the shifter trim and get to the screws holding on the side pieces.

Thanks, I managed to get the shifter trim off today while on lunch. Just got brave and pulled hard. I need to look closer now because I thought the side trim pieces were held by screws at the bottom and clips up the side of the radio. Guess I will find out this weekend.

Archived