LegacyGT.com

Body work cost estimation

Lookatmyrust

• 3 weeks later...
To be done correctly, the whole roof needs to get painted (base coat over the repair areas, clear across the rest). The areas that are rusted need to be taken to bare metal, acid etched to neutralize the rust and primed with epoxy primer to prevent the problem from coming back. If it's a sedan, I would consider having the shop clear the quarter panels as well, instead of "burning" it in on the C pillars. This will reduce future peeling/fading issues where they stop the clear coat. Without seeing under the paint, I would say that's going to be about 10 hours of paint labor involved, not including the clearing of the quarters. For $375, I'd be curious to see just what the shop was planning on doing, as that would barely cover material + a couple hours...

Just had work like that done on my truck, it cost me about $1,500 because you have to replace the windshield after it’s removed. $375 is laughably low, that is a very labor intensive job to get it done right.

man, that sucks, this is why i drove 750mi to Florida to get my car. better deals, and i have just one small bubble of rust over the drivers rear window. for that work, i would say 375 is low, probably more like 700-800 minimum.

My guess it they are planning to blend the clear in the middle of the roof, which can work, but can create issues.

I work at a body shop, the windshield needs to come out, and it looks very bad. I wont be surprised if they have to chop the front part of the roof off and replace the metal.

The whole roof and a-pillars will be painted.

I have lived in Minnesota my whole life.

You will never eradicate that kind of rust completely. It WILL come back.

You'd just be pissing away good money by trying to fix this.

Usually that kind of rust is started by a crappy windshield install. I agree with the rest, windshield needs to come out for proper repair.

I don't think it'll warrant a skin section, but could be close. Bubbling like that is NOT good.

For $375, they'll probably do a really bad job and leave you in the same or worse shape than you are now.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

i got a new windshield in my basement. complete oem. for 70 bucks from someone wanted to clear there inventory, these cars are somewhat rare around here.

and thanks for all the concern. and yes i no its low. this guy does work for cheap for kids cause he know how much money we have in highschool.

ill asked exactly what the plans are and if i have to ill spend another 200 to get it done, right

so the whole roof. and yes metal is being added and the window is already cracking so its gotta come out. this is why i picked the car up for so cheap. only 2400, ill be selling right after i get it down for upwards of 3200 to 3500. going to shop tonight or tomorrow.

Archived