LegacyGT.com

TOB Failing, 5MT Swap, DP cross threaded

Balrock

I am sure this is all my fault for driving the car, but I just wanted to vent a little.

My transmission has been going downhill for a long time now. 5th gear would grind when hard shifting and 1st was starting to sound like a 747 on approach. When I found a used one on here with 8,000 miles for a $1,000 I jumped on it and made a weekend trip out of it.

Fast forward about about a year I started to get this awful rattle under the hood. At first I thoght it was FMIC pipes or exhaust hitting somewhere. However, when I would press the clutch in the rattle would go away. This made me worry, so I made an appt to have it looked at. I was told the TOB was failing. After reading the so many....My TOB failed and took out everything out threads....I told them to fix it. SInce the transmission was coming out, I figured it was time for the newer one to go in. I get a call from the dealer the next day telling me that 2 of the DP studs were cross threaded and that they had to pull the turbo out to drill and tap for new studs. The clutch was replaced about 2.5-3 years ago. That was the last time the DP was off and I did not do the swap. I told them I understand that this will cost more to fix. I should have never modded my car, I should never have drove my car. If I had listened to Rao none of this would have happened. I blame myself....end rant.

Archived