LegacyGT.com

Lights won't turn off

Here's a new one to me, hopefully I'm having a brainfart and am missing something, but here goes:

Went out today and ran errands. Came home and parked 05 Legacy in driveway hours ago. I just went to get something out of the car and noticed that the parking lights were on, both front and back. The light switch wasn't on, but that wouldn't matter as no lights will go on without the key in the ignition.

I tried starting the car back up and turning it off...no change. I tried switching the lights on and off a few times, still nothing.

Finally, to save my battery, I unplugged the negative cable from the battery.

Has anyone come across this situation? Thanks.....:confused:

Did you check the switch on top of the steering column (not the control stalk that controls the parking/head lights)? I believe if that switch was flipped the parking lights stay on regardless of whether the key is in or not.

Did you check the switch on top of the steering column (not the control stalk that controls the parking/head lights)? I believe if that switch was flipped the parking lights stay on regardless of whether the key is in or not.

Yes, just found that on another site. One reason I hate buying used cars is the oftentimes lack of an owner's manual.

But hey, the price was right at an auction....

Archived