LegacyGT.com

Tell the difference between SPT exhaust versions

keithk831

Sprank! You're a lifesaver. How fast can you ship it out?

Edit- Oh, and i'll probably want to proactively buy gaskets for the stock midpipe since I just destroyed these. Two inches? The last time I bought those they were from the dealer.

I have full OEM catalog too if you need specific OEM gaskets. I can ship as early as Monday on the standard universal gaskets.

Sorry for the thread jack. I can retreat and all can be taken to PM.

Ok. I'm going to see if I can find one this afternoon locally, and if not i'll order from you.

Edit- It costs $18.46 for shipping on two small gaskets costing $18.50 total? :confused:

Shipping calculator has major issues with multiple gaskets for some reason. It knows they weigh 1/4 ounce and can ship in an envelope. Something to do with the link between my UPS account and website, I suppose. Happens with every brand of gasket. Arrgghh.

But PM works. I can take the order and quote the shipping that way.

First impressions of the exhaust...

Quieter overall than my old setup, but it drones inside the car. I did mess up the muffler gaskets so that could be part of the issue, so we will see what changes when I get new ones.

Feels like I have more midrange power. Haven't adjusted the tune at all yet.

neg just a gutted stock DP

Well, make sure you have the right size of gasket for the mid-to-muffler connections. Stockers are a bad idea. The bolt holes aren't the same, and I destroyed one or both gaskets trying to get it to work. Now I have an exhaust leak.

yeah i figured they would be, thats why i used the gasket set and cut my own out, took a bit of tracing and circle size finding but i felt super crafty and it turned out nice, for my DP-Mid i picked up a new donut ring just in case my factory one was beat up enough to not work well. Ive started her, but not driven her since, its kinda nice, only time i hear major exhaust notes is behind the car, from the cab i hear it but i can now hear the spool of the turbo more and hear the stoc recirc. its diff but nice................. btw might be rambling cause ive had a few

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

Holy crap makes me wish I did a bit more research on the SPT before I bought a used one from another member here.. then again, for the price I bought mine at, it can't really be beat... I'll keep it for a few years until I'm ready to do more power... after I do a IPT tranny rebuild.. but the design of the SPT is rather disturbing

From looking at the cut away pictures the y pipes seem to fill the 3" hole almost completely. If you smash a pipe and make it wider on one side and skinnier on the other you still have the same Circular area. To get the best flow out of the transition you would need cut the 2.5" pipes on an angle and weld them together effectively removing the two center walls. This extra flow would not be needed until the rest of the engine was designed to flow alot more air, including bigger valves, exhaust ports etc.

Archived