LegacyGT.com

Stoptech brake pads review?

SuperhawkLGT

From StopTech

"StopTech Performance pads will show less pad deposition and lower levels of dust and noise when compared to the popular Axxis Ultimate brake pads at the cost of slightly less initial bite. StopTech Performance pads are designed to be used on the street with very limited track use."

My experience is the same with HPS and Axxis.

I installed a set about a year ago and have been very happy. I'm running StopTech's slotted rotors too (all purchased from Fred Beans).

I noted a lot of initial dust when I first installed everything but I don't notice my winter wheels looking all that dusty anymore. Maybe the excessive dust burns off once they're bedded in. No strange noises or squeaking either.

I had stock and then Endless SSM's before this and I honestly can't tell any different in initial bite or anything like that. It's mostly a street car with 8-10 autox events over the last few years. Definitely happy with the quality and price and would recommend to someone else.

great initial bite compared to OEM, even better when warmed up.

only time ive noticed squealing is within the first 30sec, from leaving my apt to the redlight at the corner they'll sometimes squeal, but after that they've been silent.

I went with these on a set of new cryo treated rotors all around after getting horrible brake vibration from the stock setup. These worked well for a few thousand miles but they are now giving me the same brake vibration as the OEM setup. They still stop fairly well but light pedal input at higher speeds will definitely cause serious vibration. Not sure how I'm going to fix this problem yet, but hoping not to buy all new rotors as they only have about 8k miles on them.

You need to rebed the pads. Do this on a street w no cars, Do about 10-15 , 100mph stops. Normal stops. Dont slam the pedal. This should add a new transfer layer and get excess deposits off rotors. After this make sure you drive for about 20 minutes to cool down rotors and pads and if your lucky shakes gone.. If not rotors are probably shot. New rotors, then rebead, problemo fixed.

It's mostly while tuning and doing wot pulls and then slowing down quickly back to the speed limit on back roads in the country that seem to do them in. Stops from 100-45 or so I guess but not all at once or that often. One or 2 seems to be enough to start the problem though and it continues to get worse.

I went with these on a set of new cryo treated rotors all around after getting horrible brake vibration from the stock setup. These worked well for a few thousand miles but they are now giving me the same brake vibration as the OEM setup. They still stop fairly well but light pedal input at higher speeds will definitely cause serious vibration. Not sure how I'm going to fix this problem yet, but hoping not to buy all new rotors as they only have about 8k miles on them.

Most likely pad material build up. Need to clean and re bed. Deposits are the number 1 cause of vibrations.

Archived