LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone have any good insight on what Catted DP to get? Also, Where in the Cleveland Area is a good place to get an UP / DP installed? Let me know your thoughts.

No real opinions on which catted DP - I think that's a personal-preference decision. :)

As for shops in the area, Slick Motorsports ( http://slickmotorsports.com/ )is is a LERSOC Vendor. Contact "BigMike," who is a LERSOC member, and will take good care of you (LERSOC abides by a strict honor code of "LERSOC members *never* screws another LERSOC member!").

I've never used their services, but from all that's on the 'net, it seems that they're a heck of a good speed-shop - with the only trade-off being longer-than-average down-time due to other projects. Then again, a DP is real simple, particularly when you've got all the tools and a lift, so I don't know if this will even be an issue for you. I also have no idea about cost, but again, BigMike is a fellow LERSOC member, so I'm sure you'll be taken care of.

One thing to also keep in-mind is that a simple DP install can easily be done in either your own garage/driveway or someone else's. For anyone who has worked on either LGTs or WRX/STIs, this is super-simple, and can be done with professional results - and with just a couple of hours of down-time, to-boot - with just proper hand-tools (air-tools would be "insurance" only), a jack, and a pair of jackstands. Most of LERSOC's freelance labor guys work for either minimal payment or simple payment in just beers/burgers or Chipotle/RedBull :lol: - so a post there, just asking for help, may net you what you desire.

I'd honestly have been more than willing to help you tackle this, yourself, but with baby-Anna's ever-increasing needs for attention and interaction, as well as the holidays coming up ( I've seriously got family stuff booked solid, from now until the New Year! :eek: ), I just can't, in good conscience, say "sure, swing on by," and then have to cancel on you, repeatedly. I hope you can understand. :redface::)

Hope this helps!

-A

[ Aside: I'm not sure if any of your local muffler-shops would be willing to take-on this kind of a project. Mechanically-speaking (i.e. "skill"-wise), it's very, very simple, and should easily be able to be done within an hour, especially on a proper lift and with access to air-tools. However, the DP will replace - even with your specific request of a catted piece - at least one of the two post-turbo cats, and this is a federal-regs no-no, and most shops won't touch this kind of stuff. ]

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I AM SO BORED TODAY!

Allen, maybe later tonight or tomorrow what are you doing? I may drive down there for the helluvit to return the cable. I got all the data logging in I need for the moment and can not think of anything else.

:lol: - bored? Never the case, now, with a toddler around!

Go ahead and stop-by if you'd like - we'll be here.

Anna's dinnertime is 6PM, and we're usually pretty hectic right around then and into her bed-time "rituals," but any time before will be completely fine. :)

We should be home for most of the day tomorrow, too.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ Don't worry 'bout it. :) As I said before, there's no rush on the cable. It's an "open-ended" loan. :)

Hey bro,

Thanks - got it! And thanks to your ZipLock, there's no Korean Beef or hamburger smell on the cable! :lol:

Sorry I wasn't there...I'd planned to be home all morning, but the ARC called-in with some animals I needed to attend to. You must've called with the drop-off note when I was in the facility or in the dead-spot on the way home, since I didn't get your message until I'd gotten back to the house.....doh! :redface:

:lol: ROFL! :lol:

Nah, Mike knows I've got some shady friends. ;) Hey, at least you didn't have a loud exahust ! ROFL! :lol:

Hey, just checking in doing nothing on Monday morning. My weekend was the normal filled in with work for most of it. I did get the car washed friday though, so that was exciting! I feel kinda crappy this morning, didnt sleep to well last night. I have a paper due tomorrow which I only have like 25% of it done.. Anyways, hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving.

Dang bro! I'm jealous! You got to wash!

Winky hasn't had a bath in, like, two months! :lol:

:)

The first time Sara saw the car, she said that it was "periwinkle" color - just like some Members Only jackets that old, decidedly unfashionable, men like to wear.

I told her that was just fine, since this was going to be my "old man car," anyway. :lol:

What the heck.. damn this week sucks the big one!! My car is freakin broke again! And I cant post any new threads on this sight. I wonder if something is wrong with the forum. My car just crapped out on me last night.. It will idle, but as soon as I try to give it gas, ca poot. nothing. I had to get it towed last night, and also got to enjoy a wonderful walk home. I am getting code p1544 and I think some unknown code. Everything looks fine, all the fluids are good. But no go on the car anywhere. I havent even gotten the strut fixed yet, and now my car is broke again. This car is just ridiculous. If you guys have any idea what might be wrong let me know.. I have no idea whats wrong with it this time. Right before the car quit on me I noticed it didnt seem to be getting warm. It was running cold.. I hope you guys are having a better week than me..

^ Damn, that bites..... :(

Anyway:

From the list - http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26113 -

P1544 Exhaust Gas Temperature Too High

Do you stil have the factory UP EGT in-place? If you did a hard bypass (i.e. resistor mod), did the resistor burn-out (especially likely if you used the lower-wattage resistor) or even fall-out?

I've never gotten the p1544 code before, so I don't know what happens when it's tripped, but from what a quick search of "p1544" returns with, here, it seems that it either shunts you off into "limp mode" or cuts total power delivery for a little bit.

Sorry....this is beyond my limited scope of knowledge. :(

well its fixed now. The EGT sensor crapped out. So I did the restistor mod. It took a total of like 10 minutes. I didnt know that was going to be so easy. But at some time in the future I need to take the EGT sensor out and put a plug in it. I wish I would of done that when I put the up pipe in.

did subaru help u out w/ that? subaru actually touches a modded car? i had hyundai deny me service b/c of my mods.

hey, any of u own firearms? sunday i am bringing my toy out to a local range.

one of my handguns too.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/sks/DSCF2488.jpg

Yea I met big Mike, we touched base for a few and then he never really got back with me. I know he was in the process of rebuilding his STI, so I can't blame him. My wife and I are in the process of redoing our basement this winter so I may put the stage II on hold until spring. Maybe I will look you up then and see if we can get together. I can always spring for alcohol and Chipotle.

J

No real opinions on which catted DP - I think that's a personal-preference decision. :)

As for shops in the area, Slick Motorsports ( http://slickmotorsports.com/ )is is a LERSOC Vendor. Contact "BigMike," who is a LERSOC member, and will take good care of you (LERSOC abides by a strict honor code of "LERSOC members *never* screws another LERSOC member!").

I've never used their services, but from all that's on the 'net, it seems that they're a heck of a good speed-shop - with the only trade-off being longer-than-average down-time due to other projects. Then again, a DP is real simple, particularly when you've got all the tools and a lift, so I don't know if this will even be an issue for you. I also have no idea about cost, but again, BigMike is a fellow LERSOC member, so I'm sure you'll be taken care of.

One thing to also keep in-mind is that a simple DP install can easily be done in either your own garage/driveway or someone else's. For anyone who has worked on either LGTs or WRX/STIs, this is super-simple, and can be done with professional results - and with just a couple of hours of down-time, to-boot - with just proper hand-tools (air-tools would be "insurance" only), a jack, and a pair of jackstands. Most of LERSOC's freelance labor guys work for either minimal payment or simple payment in just beers/burgers or Chipotle/RedBull :lol: - so a post there, just asking for help, may net you what you desire.

I'd honestly have been more than willing to help you tackle this, yourself, but with baby-Anna's ever-increasing needs for attention and interaction, as well as the holidays coming up ( I've seriously got family stuff booked solid, from now until the New Year! :eek: ), I just can't, in good conscience, say "sure, swing on by," and then have to cancel on you, repeatedly. I hope you can understand. :redface::)

Hope this helps!

-A

[ Aside: I'm not sure if any of your local muffler-shops would be willing to take-on this kind of a project. Mechanically-speaking (i.e. "skill"-wise), it's very, very simple, and should easily be able to be done within an hour, especially on a proper lift and with access to air-tools. However, the DP will replace - even with your specific request of a catted piece - at least one of the two post-turbo cats, and this is a federal-regs no-no, and most shops won't touch this kind of stuff. ]

Yea, I have a HK USP9. But my father is the real collector, he actually likes to build things more than anything. Did you put that together by yourself, and what is it? I wanted to say it is a modified AR, but I am not that knowledgeable. I have shot a few SKS, M1's and M-16A2's, but truth be told I prefer archery any day!

did subaru help u out w/ that? subaru actually touches a modded car? i had hyundai deny me service b/c of my mods.

one of my handguns too.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/sks/DSCF2488.jpg

If you get a chance, hop on LERSOC. Due to one member's recent involvement in handguns, there's been some renewed interest there in member get-togethers for range-days.

I wish I owned some real-steel! :redface:

------

My wife and I are in the process of redoing our basement this winter so I may put the stage II on hold until spring. Maybe I will look you up then and see if we can get together. I can always spring for alcohol and Chipotle.

I'll settle for Chipotle and just soft-drinks. I'm a mean drinker of "full-fat" Coke :lol: , but like my fellow brothers and sisters with "the Asian Disease" (missing one of two genes for acetaldehyde dehydrogenase), I'm a true lightweight, despite my many pounds of fat. :lol:

Spring should be much more workable. Anna's getting much more mature and independent by the day. Who knows, by then, she might even be able to do all the work, and she wouldn't even need jackstands to get under the car! :lol:

I wish I owned some real-steel! :redface:

Man, whatchu talkin bout Willis?? You own Winky!

Subaru didnt help me at all. I called the dealer in Mentor, Halpert, and the stupid service woman there wouldnt even tell me what a P1544. She was like, oh I dont know what that is. I dont know what happened to their old service manager, he actually would help me out and give me info if I had a question. But I dont know if hes gone, or on vacation or what. But the new woman sucks.

So I ended up emailing a place in NC where I bought all my performance parts from, and he told me what the problem was.