LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ I'm still lookin' into that on my end......baby Anna's still the issue this weekend, with my wife's schedule. :redface:

---

what? (Ron) - :lol: I'm frankly amazed that bms231 (Brian) remembered! :D That was a running joke I had at one point. Actually, the only time she's been "on top" of my car was once in the Toys-R-Us parking lot, when I'd let her sit on the rear spoiler and eat her Goldfish off there. I wish I had a camera to capture that particular moment. She was soooooooooo adorable up there. :wub:

I save my Jackson re-enactments for more exciting stuff, like having her stand with both feet in my palm. :eek: Hey, she *is* half Chinese, after all! :cool::lol:

I am still missing a few important ones though, like a 20g.

Preach it, bro. Ain't we *all* missin' that 20G, FP Green, or GT30/35!!! I don't think I'm going to a bigger turbo until about three years from now (or unless something catastrophic happens in the meanwhile), and I just can't see putting in any more money in a "make do" sense (i.e. porting/polishing the factory, or going with a factory-housing upgraded turbo - plus the necessary supporting mods such as an upgraded TMIC).

Especially when I have to keep paying for my car breaking.
That's what I said to a UH physician who pulled-up alongside me at a stoplight up Cedar hill - he had a current-generation S4, and gave me a big thumbs-up and grin when he pulled alongside me at the light. :) He asked me if I had any work done to my ride, and I asked him the same. His S4 was stock, and my reply was "stay stock, stay happy!" Smart man. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

i think it was u guys who wanted to see the final product.

i am lazy... i need to cut the felt bottom better and i need to hide that piece of double stick tape :) other than that, sits in there fine. there is an extra fin on the side that jams down inbetween the a pillar and the dash that holds it in place. the double stick tape keeps it from rocking forward under full acceleration.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/subaru/gauge/DSCF2470.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/subaru/gauge/DSCF2471.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/subaru/gauge/DSCF2473.jpg

I need to hide the wires and the black felt keeps it from knocking on my glass.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/subaru/gauge/DSCF2474.jpg

That pod's gonna look really nice once you tidy-up! :D

---

Well, looks like I'm a definite no-go for the luncheon. :( Too many family errands to run this weekend.....

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

so..... cheese cake factory? tomorrow? noon.

u guys missed a helluva range day today. there were 7 of us and we all brought some cool toys and shared.

SIG .40S&W

SIG .357 x 2

SIG 9mm

SIG .45

(can u see a pattern.. we like sigs)

Bersa .380

Bersa .380 CC

Desert Eagle .44 Magnum (hurt my ears bad)

12 Gauge solid slug

AK-47 in 7.62

Yugo SKS in 7.62 (modified of course)

AR-15 in .223

I didn't get the models on these but but we also had:

9mm

Let me just start this off by saying brother, "What?" are we talking about. Yep, dual tips at both sides a raspy / throaty growl. Sounded damn good, I have yet to hear a GT with an aftertmarket exhaust in person. I did not know they could sound so mean, I can barely hear my engine... Sighh.... After my tuned GTI VR6, my wifey put the kybash on anything that is loud, so sleepy I stay. Good to meet you What?

^ Unfortunately not me - I don't get out to the far-east-side much. :(

My best is that it was brother what? -> was it a dual-tip (quad total) exhaust? That's him! :D

---

bms231 and what? - That's what I'd figured as well, that the noise is either coming from the gauge itself (less likely, other than a true mechanical failure) or the tap location, which is more likely, based on the reports/results cited in the reference threads. Two choices, the way I see it - either do the restrictor-pill mod or splice into the alternate position.

---

what? - Yep, bro, indeed, that's a different cluster look than on our '05s. I think (although I can't be totally sure) that the revision began with the '07s, and there were some very minor changes already in-place by '06.

Hey Jeg, nice to hear from you. I have gotten quite a few compliments on how the car sounds with the exhaust. Most people who dont know Subaru's at all are like.. "thats a 4 cylinder?" Either just from hearing it or when they see how fast the car is. Then I get others that are like "thats a Subaru?" I find it to be quite humorous.

Did anyone go eat lunch yesterday? Just wondering how it went. Hey Brian, on the right bank of the engine I guess it would be, near the outlet side of the TMIC there is a small hose thats plugged into the intake manifold. I ran my boost guage line from that. It goes into some kind of solenoid (maybe reading boost) so thats where I ran my boost gauge from. I t-eed off of that. I figured that would be the best place to get a boost reading from since its right before the combustion chamber. Havent had any problems, if you are still having problems with yours. I need to be a digital camera so I can take some pics.. (oops /\ ha ha, should be get)

HEY HEY HEY!!! Anyone in the Cleveland area should come out to what should be a meet on Nov 3rd. This is actually a meet with LERSOC.COM but I know some of you are members there also.. (ahem, tsi cough) I am planning on going, you guys NEED to go! It doesnt matter if your a LERSOC member or not. If you have a Subie and live near Cleveland.. BE THERE! Or else I am going to regulate! whatever regulating might be..? I just thought I would let people in here know..

Hey Jeg, nice to hear from you. I have gotten quite a few compliments on how the car sounds with the exhaust. Most people who dont know Subaru's at all are like.. "thats a 4 cylinder?" Either just from hearing it or when they see how fast the car is. Then I get others that are like "thats a Subaru?" I find it to be quite humorous.

Did anyone go eat lunch yesterday? Just wondering how it went. Hey Brian, on the right bank of the engine I guess it would be, near the outlet side of the TMIC there is a small hose thats plugged into the intake manifold. I ran my boost guage line from that. It goes into some kind of solenoid (maybe reading boost) so thats where I ran my boost gauge from. I t-eed off of that. I figured that would be the best place to get a boost reading from since its right before the combustion chamber. Havent had any problems, if you are still having problems with yours. I need to be a digital camera so I can take some pics.. (oops /\ ha ha, should be get)

lunch...... sucked. it will be a while before i go back to the cheese cake factory. i got a turkey burger. i usually get the burrito but the turkey burger was very pink inside and tasted nasty. i got the meal comped and a free slice of cheese cake. no scooby owners showed up. just us tiburon people :)

see where the brass fitting is sitting in the middle of the image? the line it is zip tied to is the line i Ted into.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/subaru/cry02/DSCF2442.jpg

Yea, provide more details, depending on what is going on I might stop out.

J

HEY HEY HEY!!! Anyone in the Cleveland area should come out to what should be a meet on Nov 3rd. This is actually a meet with LERSOC.COM but I know some of you are members there also.. (ahem, tsi cough) I am planning on going, you guys NEED to go! It doesnt matter if your a LERSOC member or not. If you have a Subie and live near Cleveland.. BE THERE! Or else I am going to regulate! whatever regulating might be..? I just thought I would let people in here know..

HEY HEY HEY!!! Anyone in the Cleveland area should come out to what should be a meet on Nov 3rd. This is actually a meet with LERSOC.COM but I know some of you are members there also.. (ahem, tsi cough) ...

^ I'm going to try! I used to post the "I'll try" message in those LERSOC threads, but I got tired of me making false-promises....with Anna around, I just can never tell what my schedule will be, until nearly the last minute. :redface:

what? - Have they completely decided on the date? I know that the poll has not yet been taken down, but I've lost track of the thread details.....I wasn't clear if the date was still being decided?

----

Everyone else ->

LERSOC (Lake Erie Regional Subaru Owners Club) is a great little community for us area people. *TONS* of technical knowledge and know-how, and a very, very friendly bunch. I'd highly encourage anyone within the region to participate in this community - although the club mainly caters to Scooby owners, it's honestly open to everyone, we've got members with EVOs, VWs, and yes, "even" Hondas. :)

Unfortunatley, I can't cross-link to LERSOC. The LERSOC Forum requires registration.

However, I think that those of us who belong on both will definitely keep an eye on this gathering, and post the relevant info. here so as to keep everyone updated! :wub:

UPDATING for the LERSOC gathering ->

Tentative date is indeed as what what? ( :lol: ) said - Saturday, November 3rd. Tentative time should be noon.

Still awaiting finalization of the poll, but that's the overwhelming consensus as of this point. The meet organizer should have date, time, and location finalized as of the end of this week.

:)

what what?, what what?, what what?, what what?, what what?

^ Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system. :lol:

ha ha.. what? back again.. so far the plan is Nov 3rd, which I believe is a Saturday, 12 noon at Quaker Steak and Lube which is close to 77 and 480. If you google it, there it will be. Either myself or TSi+WRX will probably let you know the final date and time soon.

ok so the meet is Nov 3rd, 12 noon at Quaker steak and lube.. the schedules at work were unfortunately done early so now I have to try and get out of a half day of work. Hopefully I should be able too.

I'm seriously gonna give it a good try, as always..... :redface: Cross my fingers and hope for the best!

If I do get to show, don't anyone make fun of how dirty Winky is! I haven't had a chance to wash her in the last couple of weeks, and the interior hasn't been cleaned since, well, Anna was born! :lol:

I'm seriously gonna give it a good try, as always..... :redface: Cross my fingers and hope for the best!

If I do get to show, don't anyone make fun of how dirty Winky is! I haven't had a chance to wash her in the last couple of weeks, and the interior hasn't been cleaned since, well, Anna was born! :lol:

It would be pretty amazing if you did make it. So I wouldnt care how clean or dirty the car was.

^ Very amazing. :redface: Bro, you've got no idea how many times ebpda9 and I have tried to hook-up over the course of the last year. All my fault, too!

hmm..... u talk about valley view?

5935 Canal Road

Valley View, OH 44125

216-986-WING (9464)

only one i could find close on google maps.

i know that area sorta. broadway. i have a little unfinished business in that area. i dont like it. i wont be able to go inside the place due to our lovely state firearm laws. i don't leave home w/o my toys...... especially when going to that area.