LegacyGT.com

New owner needing TIRE OPTIONS (1998 LGT Wagon)

GreenMarine

** I searched and searched for a "definite" answer, but no luck **

I have a 1998 LGT Wagon that I just purchased this morning (less than 6 hours ago). My tires are definitely in the last 25% of their life and as my car is going in for some work at my shop tomorrow, I will try to get the tires replaced tomorrow. However I have a few questions about tire size:

- Any current owners have tire suggestions? (personally I am a Continental Tire "fan-boy" - they sponsored my STi during One Lap of America, so I'll stay with Continental if possible)

- Size options on the stock 1998 Legacy 2.5GT Wagon wheels?? (mainly curious about going slightly larger on the tires - larger the contact patch the better... BUT, this is not the end all be all as this car will ONLY be a daily driver and not used for hardly any spirited driving)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Another (different) question for the same car...

- Wheel type / size suggestions for 1998 Legacy 2.5GT Wagon?? (*MIGHT* upgrade the wheels later on after swapping a slightly better "feeling" suspension - think my struts are on their way out)...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks very much in advance for the input guys. I apoligize in advance to all the "seasoned" members if you have seen this question alot. All I can say is that I searched on both NASIOC and here for a definitive answer to my questions and couldn't seem to find one in the last few hours. Due to needing to purchase tires rather soon, I figured I'd risk taking the flame throwers and go ahead and post it up... THANK!! :cool:

If you don't have 16" wheels I would look at an upgrade, but would stick with stock size.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Archived