LegacyGT.com

Blown vf40 today

Got the infamous siren whine today in my 05 5EAT, 72,000 miles.....I dropped the car off to get looked at but now im wondering...

Is this a good time to upgrade to a vf52? How much more money would it be over a vf40? Will it work fine with my stock setup ((I have NO engine mods other than a k&n filter)? Do I have to get it tuned?

Basically I dont wanna have to be without the car for more than a few days, what do you guys think?

first off try & figure why it broke , check the banjo screens !

i went vf52 , inj , catless up , tune to start , all the parts are for sale used right now in the classifieds , then tune is needed BEFORE you start the car if you get inj

new price on vf40 is same as vf5s from fred beans

first off try & figure why it broke , check the banjo screens !

^This. If you don't do this critical step chances are you will be replacing the turbo again in short order. IMHO the turbo oil lines should be replaced with any turbo failure.

i took it to the dealership to get it fixed....apparently its not uncommon for the turbo to go after 72000 miles...plus the car is a 2005. They checked everything else theres no other issues apparently. ...im sticking with the vf40 since i have no supporting mods or time to get them and put them on too (this is my only car). Now i wait a week to get the car back...

Archived