LegacyGT.com

Dash Squeak

Hi all,

Spring is right around the corner, and I'm feeling plenty ambitious to fix everything that needs attention in my car in time for warmer weather. One thing I haven't been able to pin down, however, is a squeak in the dash/stereo area when I go over bumps in the road. I've tried searching for stuff on the site, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Is this happening with anybody elses car? Any solutions?

Thanks!

Let's see...... dash rattle in drivers corner near windshield, e brake chrome button rattles, glove box rattles over large bumps, many squeaks and creaks coming from the sun roof, and there's something else coming from the back, but I can't seem to jump back there and check it out fast enough when it happens.

Removing the center console, dash trim, and stereo is quick and easy. Just take it apart and see if you can locate an obvious problem.

Let's see...... dash rattle in drivers corner near windshield, e brake chrome button rattles, glove box rattles over large bumps, many squeaks and creaks coming from the sun roof, and there's something else coming from the back, but I can't seem to jump back there and check it out fast enough when it happens.

Removing the center console, dash trim, and stereo is quick and easy. Just take it apart and see if you can locate an obvious problem.

Don't forget the loud clank that comes from behind the cubby.

There's a TSB out for that one. Haven't gotten around to bringing it in yet/

Archived