LegacyGT.com

Forth gen fog light question!

NormanAbsher

Why not get HID's? You'll get a lot more light output. I got a set like this off EBAY for my Low's. I'd say 25% more light output for only $40...now $36. I've had them on for about 6 months now. I would have gone through a set of $80 PIAA or $40 Silver Stars by now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200558542098&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT#ht_5642wt_1229

+ 2 year warranty

Do a 3000k HID kit, then toss on a yellow film from Lamin-X for some added look when off and your done. What I've done.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

I have hids for my headlights And would wanna do hids for my fogs but still I wanna have a colored bulb.. Can I do that or no?

Yes. 3000k will be yellow, 5000k white w/hint of blue. As you go up it gets more blue then purple then pink. All gross IMO. 5k should be your cut off. Yellow is best for fog as it doest reflect as much... Which is what you want in the fog.

You shouldn't have any problems with yellow fogs. I've been running yellow fogs for almost two years now, even with getting pulled over for "ornamental lighting" (plate bulbs) never once anything about my yellow fogs.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

You shouldn't have any problems with yellow fogs. I've been running yellow fogs for almost two years now, even with getting pulled over for "ornamental lighting" (plate bulbs) never once anything about my yellow fogs.

Yer absolutely right, Windy. OP said he didn't want yellow.

Just stating if he decided to do a color OTHER THAN WHITE, YELLOW, OR AMBER he might get more "un-wanted attention."

The colour of light emitted by vehicle lights is largely standardised by longstanding convention, first codified in the 1949 Vienna Convention on Road Traffic[1] and later specified in the 1968 United Nations Convention on Road Traffic.[2] Generally, but with some global and regional exceptions, lamps facing rearward must emit red light, lamps facing sideward and all turn signals must emit amber light (though in North America rear turn signals may emit either amber or red light), lamps facing frontward must emit white or selective yellow light, and no other colours are permitted except on emergency vehicles.

Found this little nugget while doing a GOOGLE search:

What are the allowable colors for my after market lighting?

Any lightvisible from a motor vehicle should be the following:

- Any light visible from the front of the vehicle shall be white,

yellow or amber.

- Any light visible from the forward most edge of the rear

tire of the vehicle to the front of the vehicle shall be

amber or yellow.

- Any light visible from the forward most edge of the rear

tire of the vehicle to the rear of the vehicle shall be red.

- Any light visible from the rear of the vehicle shall be red

or amber.

(Effective July 25, 1994)

Archived