LegacyGT.com

Just want to vent...

So, this is my first warranty car. My last Jeep I paid $5200 cash for..

I figured, I dont have the time or desire to fix little things, lets get a newer car with a warranty and let someone else fix the car. Sounds simple enough but for someone who has always done everything except alignments and inspections himself, im having a hard time adapting.

I know that there are a lot of hacks out there...ive been screwed the few times i have ever trusted my vehicle to someone else.

I brought my 08 back to the dealer this morning to have a new undertray installed bc mine was cracked when i bought the car and they agreed to replace it. No problem.

While the car is in, I also directed their attention to a chip in the paint on the hood and the leather on the steering wheel that is rubbing away. They said no problem, we will handle everything.

So i feel pretty good, and they shuttle me off to work. Around 2:30, i call to check on the progress and they say that the car is in the body shop and the whole hood was being refinished because they couldn't buff out the chip!

No im nervous about the hood not matching and overspray and someone getting paint in my interior! Im a mess.

How do you cope with the anxiety of having the car in the shop?

This is why you bought a car with a warranty.

With that said... I had my 2011 STi at a place to mount/balance/install snows about 2 weeks after I bought it. They lifted the front by the side skirts and I wasn't too happy about that :(

I own a shop and the only thing we can't do is alignments and tire mounting/balancing, the 1 time I took my car elsewhere it got macked up.

It's all good now but I was a bit upset when it happened.

:(

-mike

I think you actually got pretty lucky, how big was the chip on the hood? At least they didnt brush you off or BS you, I'd be pretty happy about the refinish. Let us know how it turns out

Archived