LegacyGT.com

newbie clutch question

gsr94

I have an 05 LGT. I need a new clutch asap. Dealer quoted me $1600 for labor and parts plus another $600 if I need a new flywheel.

I'm not going that route. I'm no mechanic at all. So my first question is what good sites sells OEM clutch kits and flywheel. And how much should I expect to pay/hours will a decent mechanic charge me for the install.

I live in the Baltimore area so if u guys can recommend a good reputable shop I appreciate it. Thanks fellas.

Prepare for everyone to tell you to do some searching, but there is someone selling a brand new oem pressure plate, disc, and TO bearing in the classifieds for considerably less than dealership charges then you can just resurface your flywheel (hopefully). If you want to go aftermarket a few have bought the exedy form this site....... [ame=http://www.amazon.com/EXEDY-FJK1001FW-OEM-Replacement-Clutch/dp/B002EO2YR2/]Amazon.com: EXEDY FJK1001FW OEM Replacement Clutch Kit: Automotive[/ame].

Hope that helps. My 06 spec b is in the shop with the clutch gone right now. I am from Fargo north dakota and pay $99/hr for labor at my subaru dealership.

• 2 weeks later...
I was quoted 375.00 for the install at an independent shop. I bought my kit and when he drained the fluid it was full of teeth! I'd like to get rid of the kit but I still don't have enough posts to sell it. I had to trade my car....I loved that thing.

Archived