LegacyGT.com

Which saggy butt shim

ironchefireland

Finding a local shop to do the koni strut work is next to impossible around me. Nobody likes to hack up parts and still gaurantee their work. Contemplating your bolt-on package, Mike.

The other option, and this may be unwise, but I'm looking for opinions, is to go KYBs and Epics, and with the savings, drop the money into new sways (Hotchkiss) and endlinks (Kartboy). Looking for a slight drop, not tracking of the car, and the baby seat and booster aren't leaving he back any time soon.

What you mention as your second option is the exact set up I just put on the wifes 5EAT.

KYB GR2, Epic, Hotchkis bars, reinforcing brackets, Kartboy links.

Way better than stock. Wife loves it.

She also drove teh car stock and with Tociko/Swifts in the past.

Yes, with only having had my wagon for a short period, I have gained a wealth of knowledge from "m sprank's" posts..

Here is my setup that has been sitting in "my cart"

KYB GR2

Tein S-tech

Hotchkis bars w/ AVO brackets

Was thinkin 3/8s... thoughts?

I have the Koni/Eibach setup on my unlimited wagon. At the time I couldn't decide between the 3 sizes ( Momma Bear, Papa Bear and Baby Bear ) so went with the middle size of 3/8. No regrets. I now find that the wagons look a little better w/ a small amount of rake. On my 90L wagon, somehow when I replaced the rear shocks ( think they were w/ KYB gas, it's been so long ago ), I could swear it lifted the back-end. If I see other legacy wagons, they look a little "flat" to me.

• 1 month later...
I have 1/4" on my KYB/Epic set-up. I almost wish I went the 3/8" since I still the slight sag. Not bad though. And I keep my hitch on to act as a friendly reminder when I bottom that sucker out. My wife freaked when she nailed it yesterday. Had a good laugh.

I understand that anything higher than ¼" necessitates longer studs on the upper shock mount.

correct

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived