LegacyGT.com

8.5" or 8" help

Blind_Dude

Do some research on it yourself please

What tires you gonna run?

Dude REALLY??? The OP was asking those with the knowledge... If you know and give him an answer like that, what kind of message is that sending me (a n00b to the Legacy community who doesn't even know the chassis code for my own '98 LGT wagon yet?!)...

I imagine that the Legacy community is substantially larger than the SVX community (my FIRST Subaru - owned it for 8 years), and therefore you probably don't have to rely on eachother AS MUCH. But it is still ALOT smaller than the Impreza community (ie. NASIOC)...

So youguys should be more tight knit here than the members on NASIOC. If someone is asking a legitimate question like the OP did, is it really necessary to tell them to "go research it"?? Where? How? Maybe they have no where to start other than here, and a response like that will turn them off to the community... It kinda did me, since one of the main reasons I joined this morning was to start looking at wheel options, and vendors of legacy parts...

So youguys should be more tight knit here than the members on NASIOC. If someone is asking a legitimate question like the OP did, is it really necessary to tell them to "go research it"?? Where? How? Maybe they have no where to start other than here, and a response like that will turn them off to the community... It kinda did me, since one of the main reasons I joined this morning was to start looking at wheel options, and vendors of legacy parts...

I'm sure the SVX board and Nasioc have "Search" functions, just like we do here.

There is a MASSIVE wheel/tire sticky in this very sub-forum that has offsets and widths listed.

A little leg work never killed anyone.

That said, a 225 on an 8.5" wide rim is going to be pretty stretched...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I'm sure the SVX board and Nasioc have "Search" functions, just like we do here.

There is a MASSIVE wheel/tire sticky in this very sub-forum that has offsets and widths listed.

A little leg work never killed anyone.

That said, a 225 on an 8.5" wide rim is going to be pretty stretched...

Yeah, you're right. I mean if the info is here and readily available then searching is definitely the right thing to do. I just thought the OP was asking a specific question, that's all :rolleyes:

Yeah, you're right. I mean if the info is here and readily available then searching is definitely the right thing to do. I just thought the OP was asking a specific question, that's all :rolleyes:

He wasn't. It's been covered so often, there is a thread with nearly 2000 replies that contains all the answers to the questions he asked in the first post:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-offsets-sizes-rims-and-tires-gt-xenonk-version-4426.html

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

He wasn't. It's been covered so often, there is a thread with nearly 2000 replies that contains all the answers to the questions he asked in the first post:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-offsets-sizes-rims-and-tires-gt-xenonk-version-4426.html

OH SNAP!!! That's a good thread :)... Well apon this newly presented evidence, I here by revoke my origional statement regarding the OP's treatment ;)

I :wub: that thread!

Archived