LegacyGT.com

Sti speakers in the 08 legacy gt

OGHK87Jay

I just blew out both my front stock speakers in my car and bought some speakers from the dealer and the guy accidently ordered the wrong ones after I took off my door panel. So far I only replaced one I discovered that we can install I think it was the 08 sti front speakers but it needs slight modification on the back part it need . I will provide pics later when I pick up the second speakers and install that. Our old one is a paper cone one but the new one I got was carbon fiber looking and it had a tweeter in it so the sound is so much better. I will see later if the rear speakers fit too.

If the dealer's guy ordered the wrong ones, make him get the right ones. But I don't know why you'd want to replace your stock speakers with new stock speakers - Crutchfield has plenty of cheap speakers way better than OEM.

LOL the oem originals are so cheap they are paper I much rather keep the sti speakers. They sound so much better and the build material (its like carbon fiber or something) is much more better. Plus its whatevers im going to get rememburst from the dealer I have extended warranty and they forgot to check that and said I wasnt covered so no worries. Well now I am so I'm not tripping. Free is always better right

Archived