LegacyGT.com

Footwell Lighting Walkthrough

joeblow

Considering doing this as well.

How do you guys have the light behave? Do they come on when you open the door and the car is off? Or do they ONLY come on once you've turned on headlights? Or both?

Mine only comes on with the headlights. I wasn't sure which fuse to tap into to have it tied to the dome light for it to come on when the doors open, but there is one labeled "illm" which is the dash illumination.
It's cool; I'm with the band

• 4 months later...
Thanks for the walk through. I tried to do this today and I ran the wires and mounted an LED under each side of the dash but then I went to hook it up and the fuse taps I bought didnt fit. I went to radio shack and they were the only ones they had. I couldnt find any for "mini" fuses at autozone either. Does anyone know if theres another place under the dash thats easy to tap into for power? If not I guess ill have to try another autozone or advanced auto.

I got mine from autozone and when I helped my friend, we picked one up at advance. I think its just that they were sold out at the one you went to.

Thanks, Im going to go look tomorrow morning when I get up. Hopefully they have some.

okay, so I found the tap at autozone and hooked it up. But on the box it says max amp is 10 and the "illm" fuse on my 06 says 15a. I switched both of the fuses on the tap to 10amps, as long as neither of the fuses blow it should be okay right?

Thanks for the walkthrough, it helped alot.

You should keep the fuse on the fusebox itself at 15 amps. You can keep the fusetap's fuse at 15.

The 10 amp warning on the fusetap itself is due to the gauge of wire used on the tap. It's likely that it can handle more than 10 amps... I remember reading on a site somewhere that someone actually figured out based on the wire gauge and voltage what the maximum safe current was and it was in excess of the 10amp specification.

• 3 months later...

Archived