LegacyGT.com

The Mitsubishi Evo is no more...

I think I'll buy a 2011 Mustang 5.0 and bury it in my barn for the next 35 years.

With every new model year I want to do this more and more.

There is some magical appeal to a high revving or large displacement internal combustion engine, it's hard to put words to.

But I think dmanaenk said it right, the sound of electric vehicle will soon draw it's own followers and gear heads.

With every new model year I want to do this more and more.

There is some magical appeal to a high revving or large displacement internal combustion engine, it's hard to put words to.

But I think dmanaenk said it right, the sound of electric vehicle will soon draw it's own followers and gear heads.

i like it, more gas left for me to burn in my V8:spin:

Its bound to happen.. there are new laws coming in effect for 2016 i belive that require all cars to have electric power steering, ~35MPG, auto 6 speed with over drive (not 5 speed w/OD), and a buncha other malarkey. Id say next 30 years the petrol car will be like the horse is today, just for pleasure/fun and for the rich.

You are probably right. One of the benefits of being old is, I'll never have to see that day.

Oh that is a smart thing to do. :facepalm:

Eliminate the only vehicle that generates excitement and traffic in the showroom. Stupid move IMHO.

all the showroom evo does is give males something to crane at/mill around while their girls earnestly test out the vanity mirrors of eclipses :lol:.

I think I'll miss the sound more than anything. Sure, EV cars are torquey and fast, but I want an un-corked V8 that sounds like heaven.

I think I'll buy a 2011 Mustang 5.0 and bury it in my barn for the next 35 years.

I have dreams of doing this same thing, just not sure what car. :lol: The thought of my '05 GRP GT brand new again always makes me think, "Wow, what if I had the money to buy one all over again, brand new, and just drive it to keep it running and that's it." :dm: I feel that I will never find another great Turbo, AWD, MT car that I truly enjoy. I hope I do... then I'll buy it and hide it! :D

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Why is it surprising that Mitsu dropped the EVO? They weren't exactly a best seller, since the target market couldn't afford to drive them (vehicle price plus insurance costs), and WRC is no longer something they participate in.

That doesn't change anything.

MMC has kept the Lancer Evolution sedan evolving as the brand's highest performing model in the global market. However, as the market's needs and demands change, MMC is considering not advancing the Lancer Evolution concept in the same way as before, but to find a different direction for the Lancer Evolution model to evolve. The new direction, the technologies involved, and corresponding products will be disclosed in due course

It's PR fluff.

And isn't that the usual thing with extreme cars - they are sometimes too extreme for the masses so they have to add stuff that makes them heavier and more comfortable.

Compare the STi 22B with latest...

453747.png

When you build a car which can be declared an economic total loss if the two front seats are stolen, you know something isn't right :lol:

lol

is there any other production car (under 100k) that has recaro seats stock? the STi has nice seats, but i think their produced by Subaru, not sourced from Sparco/Recaro.. i could be wrong tho.

Archived