LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT LTD Wagon - Does the suspension wear out?

Dougl33

I've got a 2005 LGT LTD wagon (auto) that I bought brand new back in Aug of 2004. Its got a little over 57K miles. These days the car pretty much only gets used on the weekends to haul stuff to the boat and to cart the dogs around. It still sees occasional commuting duty. Its been great and I'll probably keep the car until it falls apart around me. So far I've only replaced brakes, wheels, and tires (knock on wood). The wheels are OEM that have all been replaced through the wheel and tire protection package I bought when I originally got the car.

I live in the NE and as I posted in the wheels/tires section, the wheels are all banged up and need to be replaced (I'll probably get new tires too). I needed to drive it into work yesterday and I noticed that the ride seems a lot harsher than it did when I first bought it back in 2004.

Do the suspension components degrade over time? I know shocks go, but I think they're probably fine. What about bushings and springs? Is there anything I can swap/upgrade to make the car quieter again?

Also, while I know I'm in the wrong section, I have yet to have the car tuned up because I just don't have the miles on it. After 6 and half years, should I have it tuned? I did put in a K&N air filter when the car was first bought. It runs great (again, knock on wood).

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Doug L.

Archived