LegacyGT.com

tweeters not working?

I just got a used 2005 LGT today (excellent car btw), and I noticed that while using radio, there is no sound coming out of the door-mounted tweeters even when cranking treble to +6. Is this normal? Do your cars have tweeters that work by default, or does some tweaking have to be done?

PS. I haven't tried CDs yet.

I bought my car brand new and have never really heard much of anything coming from the tweeters, they're just really quiet and accent everything else. I mean I know they're working, I can hear sound coming out, it's just not like I'm hearing voices coming from higher on the door or sumthin like that.

That's not right.

The tweeters should be working.

Is everything (as far as you know) pertaining to the audio stock?

yes. Everything pertaining to audio *should* be stock. From what I know there was almost no work done on the car besides new rims and a remapped ECU.

I don't hear any sound coming out at all. Or maybe they're just that quiet..

I bought my car brand new and have never really heard much of anything coming from the tweeters, they're just really quiet and accent everything else. I mean I know they're working, I can hear sound coming out, it's just not like I'm hearing voices coming from higher on the door or sumthin like that.

typically tweeters have a distinct type of sound that is audible (I've listened to a lot of audio equipment so I can usually tell the different types of drivers apart). I don't hear such a sound in my car.

Is your model the limited model?

I bought my new 08 Spec.B about 2 years already & from the start I noticed also myself that the front speakers aren't that loud compared to the other speakers in the car. I noticed also by testing it on the Balance & where I'll set it to the Left side speakers & front also & I notice I'll need to turn up the volume more in order to hear it vs. the right side front speakers are just nice & tuned up.

Archived