LegacyGT.com

Major Issues - 05 LGT

Over the last 2 years, I've put a new block and 3 turbos into my '05 LGT. I have an aftermarket turbo (50), frontmount intercooler, downpipe, aftermarket fuel pump and injectors, and running no cat. The last few weeks the Check Engine light has been on and it's started to run funny. In 2nd-4th gear between 2k and 3k RPM, it's having trouble accelerating, extremely jerky. I'm also getting horrible mileage and a strong gas smell. The code is for an O2 sensor (changed both of them 18 months ago).

I just noticed that the jerking is significantly worse when the gas tank is near empty and barely noticeable when it's full.

The mechanic told me that without a cat and with all mods, it's likely always going to have codes and that changing the O2 sensors will likely not solve the problem. I have to do something because it's barely driveable. Any recommendations? How hard is it to change O2 sensors myself and anyone know of a good Suby tuner in the Bay Area? Thanks in advance.

Here are a couple links for the uppipe resister fix. How old is your fuel pump? Walbro? There are people on here who have gone through more than one Walbro. What are you using for tuning? OTS AP? Protune? OS? Sine you have an 05 you can get a VAG-Com cable off Ebay for around 15$ and install a couple free programs RomRaider and Learning View that will aid you in knowing exactly what your codes are for. I would think that with your mods you would be doing occasional logging to just keep an eye on things to be sure all is well. I don't log mine as often as I should, but every time I do there are no problems, only clean logs. That just tells you how good the tune is and that the car is still healthy...except for the 1st gear whine I am starting to get! LoL.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/up-resistor-fixi-134714.html?t=134714&highlight=resister

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/resistor-mod-77217.html?t=77217&highlight=resister

OP how in the world have you been running an aftermarket turbo with an upgraded fuel system, but don't know how to read what cell codes you have?

:lol: I was trying to be nice to the guy. If you don't know, you don't know. I was fortunate to find this site when I got my car new in 04 and people have helped along the way. If he just got on board, he is slow to the game. However, after turbo #2 I would have been really worried and the block would have made me cry. Now, for me, it is all self induced and not ignorance.:eek:

:lol: I was trying to be nice to the guy. If you don't know, you don't know. I was fortunate to find this site when I got my car new in 04 and people have helped along the way. If he just got on board, he is slow to the game. However, after turbo #2 I would have been really worried and the block would have made me cry. Now, for me, it is all self induced and not ignorance.:eek:

Your right, and I don't mean to troll. I'll assume that he's at least taking his car to a tuner. OP if that is the case, it would still be wise to datalog on a regular basis.

Your right, and I don't mean to troll. I'll assume that he's at least taking his car to a tuner. OP if that is the case, it would still be wise to datalog on a regular basis.

Correct, but I switched coasts and therefore have no tuner in my area. I only had to pay for the turbo once, the company replaced the others.

Define company. If you were modded, I will assume company does not mean Subaru. Some dealers are cool to an extent, but not turbo's and no way short blocks. Where are you currently located. I just re-read your post. Did you swap out your UP? If not, that is a timebomb waiting for your cat to break up and get sucked into the turbo trashing it and who knows what else. Get a VAG-Com cable so you can check your stuff. I would see if you can get the codes read before the cable would show up. If you have any local guys, many would be willing and happy to help. GL!

Archived