LegacyGT.com

OBX CBE sound clip anyone?

dgrix

Hi Gentlemen,

I'm looking at possibly purchasing an OBX CBE for my wagon. I'm currently stage 1.5 Cobb AP, Cobb up pipe, CNT catted down pipe. I do not want to purchase something I have never heard. If anyone could please upload a sound clip that would be a big help thanks.

The OBX CBE is really popluar with the non-turbo Impreza crowd. The one for that application is literally a clone of the old Cobb exhaust. This one looks similar to the Cobb as well, but the tips are different, possibly the entire can. But the Impreza system has always been known as a very high quality system, just usually took some tweaking to get the sound right (IE add a resonator). But for the price, can't go wrong.

My only issue with the Legacy OBX is the tips. I really don't like them. I'm partial to a dual tip setup, though Cobb's oval tips are very nice. That's what led me to search for OBX. Guess this one's not quite an exact clone. :(

With all the fitment problems cropping up for the Invidia and Megan exhausts, this exhaust is cheap enough that buying an e-bay twin tip and welding it on is almost worth it. Strongly considering it.

Archived