LegacyGT.com

TPMS sensor question

Biggu

Ok Im sure there are a million questions like this on this forum but I did search and I wasn't able to find anything on it.

I have a few sets of TPMS sensors laying around my house and was wondering if anyone knows if the ECU is picky about what kinda sensor it reads. I personally dont think it matter what the sensor is since you have to program it into the sensor and its probably looking for those specific sensors.

The sensors I have a pacific and I think they are toyota/lexus OEM sensors. I also have a set of of Vw/Audi ones as well

I have snows on my OEM wheels with my OEM sensors. What I was planning on doing is taking the OEM sensors and putting those on my new summer wheels and then taking the Pacific TPMS sensors into the OEM's.

Im not worried about mounting and balancing the tires at all because I a tire mounter and a balencer as well. I just want to know if any one has experience getting the Pacific brand TPMS calibrated and working with their subaru ECU. I know there are aftermarket TPMS sensors that can be used just want a bit of input.

Thread being posted in the Walkthrough section about how to program the system for TPMS and activate/use new sensors.

But yes these sensors we have are 315mhz, so I guess its safe to assume anything thats "compatable" with sensors we can buy they those from that car should work if they are programmed.

Archived