LegacyGT.com

Wagon vs Sedan & Subaru Leg Success

As customers, we know if we are sedan or wagon buyers. My California experience is that Subaru sells many more wagons than sedans. I think the Leg GT wagon is a better looking, less generic and a stronger market segment warrior than the sedan. Yes, all the same gear and sedan will out perform wagon, but sedan mkt competition is broader and tougher. I think Subaru Leg GT and future Leg GT/Sti has "potential" to become a cult, historic car, (e.g. BMW 2002), but I wonder if generic tail lights, back end, Honda similar front end will inhibit capture of new customers for Subaru. If you are a Subaru customer now, you are just happy that Subaru has offered a base Leg GT in mid $20Ks that out-performs $50k options with pedigree names. I think Subaru is using the passion and fun factor at almost affordable prices to carve out a strong niche in market. I am only concerned, because I want Subaru to continue making really fun stuff for mature adults and boy racers alike. Does anyone care or have insight about this issue?

All I know is what my logic has driven me to purchase. I bought a wagon this time around, I never thought that I would buy a wagon in a million years. I wouldn't have been caught dead in one. The wagon that Subaru offers is simply a good looking machine that has performance to match. Add that to a wonderful AWD system and you have a winner in ANY market. At this point in my life I am at a crossroads. I was considering a vehicle with more utility. In all honesty I was considering a Murano and a 4Runner but couldn't deal with the fact that they wouldn't be a performance machine that I was looking for. Although they are both nice, the legacy is a sure thing. I think that Subaru has drawn a lot of attention in the last 3 years. If they keep this trend going, they will surely attract more and more attention. Simply stated, Subaru makes driver's cars. They didn't always release them into the US market, but they were always there in other markets around the world. It's the shift in the way Subaru's are percieved here in the US after the WRX was released that should be attributed to the machines that we are seeing now and the machines that we will see in the future. The 2.5RS was always a "cult" car.. but the WRX put Subaru on the map in terms of a serious contender and a trend setter in thier market.. this is my opinion

Archived