LegacyGT.com

The new Dodge Viper ?

that pisses me off... Chrysler crap, luxury interior my ass, the shiny plastic does not complement the leather. I would rather have the SRT-8 all day long if I had to choose a Chrysler.

Amen brotha, I agree. I'm waiting to see the 6.4L SRT models. The V8 Charger is suppose to be as good as a 5 series BMW but we have a V6 Rallye on the lot and I'm not too impressed.

As for shiny plastic, remember when dash boards were painted metal? :lol:

That is from 2005 as well....so its definitely not the new viper. I have a buddy on the viper team...all he tells me is that its more like the original viper in looks (somewhere between a 2010 and a 1992 look (more curves) and that the interior is going to be fantastic.

They are right now trying to decide on the rear end ratio due to the fact that they want it to be quicker in 130+ situations, but also do not want to give up a shift going to 60. Sounds to me like they need to mess with the gear ratios a bit more and or offer a dual clutch as an option. Supposedly the viper will have pretty much the same motor though even though I think they need to coax a bit more power...say 640ish stock.

That is from 2005 as well....so its definitely not the new viper. I have a buddy on the viper team...all he tells me is that its more like the original viper in looks (somewhere between a 2010 and a 1992 look (more curves) and that the interior is going to be fantastic.

They are right now trying to decide on the rear end ratio due to the fact that they want it to be quicker in 130+ situations, but also do not want to give up a shift going to 60. Sounds to me like they need to mess with the gear ratios a bit more and or offer a dual clutch as an option. Supposedly the viper will have pretty much the same motor though even though I think they need to coax a bit more power...say 640ish stock.

I did a few 3.73 swaps on the first gen Vipers. It was actually a Chevy ring and pinion gear, factory was 3.08 which rendered 6th gear a waste. The 3.73 was scary because the pinion shaft was much smaller in diameter but they seemd to hold up. Dual clutch is def in the works too. I'd like to see a PDK option (ala 911 Turbo) with launch control.

Archived