LegacyGT.com

eaxuasty smelling radioter overflow

sooo i tried somthing i read on here to check if theres n e oily residue in the overflow..... i did i got a fingure of muddy rust smelt a bit exausty to me.... stuck my nose in the overflow and pritty much got high..... i was like " wooaaah... its like having my nose up against the exaust...... smelt my primeras over flow smelt like hot coolant... sooo does rust smell??? or is it defs one of the head gaskets gone?? and if so start rattling of some high proformance HG's if im gona do one i mosewell do the 2nd......

well thats what i think.... and with a bit of condentation in the exaust reuban informed me tho that siome cars creat more than others from burning fuel... so im hopping some one say yeah rust smells baddd....... also i havnt notested n e spikes in temp.... driving on boost at highway speeds(130km) from oamaro to timaru (80-90km)

i'm not very familiar with this engine, not common in the US. but i don't think they have the head gasket failure problem that the ej25s have. so i would flush the coolant, make sure it is properly filled and watch it. maybe replace the cap.

it may be the gaskets but i wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

ok well i toke it for a really good boost on the way home from work it got to about half way but i checked the OF and it was a few inches from the top.... not sure if this means n e thing but it still did not get over half way.... aBHG would defs over heat

there it no exaust bubbles in the radiator ... just the overflow stinks like exuast fuems ....... it carnt be a blown head gasket 1) it hasnt over headed in the last few days i have been driving her 2) it hasnt used any water.....

Archived