LegacyGT.com

rough/no cold start parked uphill

Hey everyone,

I need help troubleshooting this weird issue. In the morning when I'm parked uphill with the slightest of an incline, my car will kind of start, but will stall after ignition. It goes crank crank crank crank crank vroom START then stalls right away. Pushing my throttle doesn't rev the engine during startup, it gets zero response before the stall.

But if I release my e-brake, and roll my car out of my parking spot to the level road, it starts fine no problem. Idles steady at 1.5k. Or if my car is parked downhill, I can cold start it fine. Once i'm started, my idle is fine at stop lights, incline or no incline. No loss of power, no CEL. No vaccum lines are popped off.

I'm on my stage 3 e85 tune with 1 step colder plugs, and the ambient temp is around 40-45 degrees (not close to freezing temps). MPG noticeably dropped during this tank of gas from 19mpg on e85 to 15mpg (was doing a few more WOT pulls during this tank of gas to test for boost leak, I didn't feel any lost of power, the boost is there).

Any ideas? Here are my thoughts, I would like to hear some feedback before I pull out my FP and my garage smells like gas again (negative wifey points). Logs will come once I get RR going.

1) Would a bad FP oring seal make it hard to push gas up the lines?

2) If my modded injectors aren't getting good atomization during cold start up, would that cause the rough start also?

3) Could the spark plug gap cause this? I just installed the NGK 1 step colder plugs out of the box (couldn't find my gapping tool at the time of install).

4) I bought some MAF cleaner over the weekend, will try shooting that tonight.

Archived