LegacyGT.com

GS Exhaust Manifold Porting w/ HiFlow Crosspipe Package question

MDKSDMF

http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=60_54_59&products_id=102&osCsid=2gi1tgsk0p7h23gqa90j3asnf0

does anyone have any feedback regarding this package deal? Ive researched some threads but people tend to get off topic :lol: It looks like a steal and a good alternative to tubular headers. I dont want to pay a boatload of money on headers if ported manifolds will suffice my vf40 @ stage deuce and then on to when i get my hta68..

I have them along with their UP. You will notice better spool and a bit more power (though not much). SBT has them on his LGT and saw a 10 or 15 WHP gain over stock parts IIRC. Another good thing is that they will not crack like some aftermarket headers.

Gains will be minimal compared to an EL header, though for a DD they work fine. Plus you retain that boxer rumble (I know, I know, the sound of inefficiency) which some people enjoy.

thanks for the input. Yes id prefer these to other headers because i know they will last and that they are far from stock. The cross pipe looks like its a big gain over stock too. Good to know they are legit. Also, power out of these manifolds isnt really a concern cause im sure these will work and hold for an after market turbo and thats where i plan on extracting more hp. hta68...

You were told it would give you minimal gains vs ELH. You are planning on going hta68 which will definately gain from ELH. Instead of wasting money and effort on a part you plan to replace in the future, buy the ELH setup now or just put that money toward the future setup.

PM'd. I dont want to use another thread as a the place to figure out what you want/explain things. Its obvious you dont know what you want - not in a mean way. The 52 and 68 are very different and can work with oem manifold, pnp, ehl,uelh, etc.

ok. i didnt know the 68 worked best with ELH good point losangeleslgt. whats about A vf52 with the gs manifolds? my set up depends on what i can afford ya know? if a VF52 pops up very cheap (under the price of a hta68) im gonna grab it..i just want over 300 hp.

Thanks for the advice LAlgt. after talking to u on the phone u definately educated me in turbos and setups in 15 minutes. Dude you probably just saved me thousands of dollars in parts and i should achieve the same result...my goal of 300 hundred to 350 wheel horse and at least low 13's. you have proven very helpful and knoweldgeable on these cars. i def was all over the place and contradicting myself LOL.

Archived