LegacyGT.com

Oil in my coolant!!!!

Luchin

Well, it looks like oil and is floating on the top of the coolant in the over flow tank. The tank to the right of the radiator when looking under the hood.

Let me guess, blown head gasket???????

I had a quote today from a shop for $3100 CAD. They simply use a program which tells them the book time on any given job. They are reputable and well known in Victoria so I'm not worried about being taken.

It's a US car in Canada and is still under warranty. I wonder if it's worth a try calling SOA to see if they will cover it.

:needpics:

Might be difficult to get a photo of the coolant since the level is at the low mark. Besides which when I punched the throttle the other day it looked like I was driving a hydrogen powered car. LOL.

Already called Subaru and they said SOA will most likely reimburse me the cost of the job since it's a known problem.

Might be difficult to get a photo of the coolant since the level is at the low mark. Besides which when I punched the throttle the other day it looked like I was driving a hydrogen powered car. LOL.

Already called Subaru and they said SOA will most likely reimburse me the cost of the job since it's a known problem.

Then don't post it in the photos forum.

• 3 weeks later...
Yah that's one of the symptoms of a blown headgasket =\ It should be covered under the powertrain warranty...

power train warranty ?? covers up to what mlg? ??

does 05w/116k qualify?

Archived