LegacyGT.com

E-brake handle change

GT_Red

Ok I searched and searched and couldn't find anything on actually replacing or swapping out the e-brake handle.

Is this something you just pull off, heat up and pull off or cut off?

The bottom leather piece has come off and I am not interested in gluing it back on, just replace it.

THanks!

• 1 month later...

I have an 08... not quite sure what you have. For mine at least, its actually pretty easy to pull. If you start at the front edge and pull upwards (possibly even pry with some sort of plastic pick) youll find 3 black tabs towards the passenger side of the e-brake. There are two more tabs on the bottom, pointing downward.

As to replacing, no idea. Stock would be my guess. Im looking to replace mine as well

• 2 weeks later...

Are you talking about the actual handle or the boot? If it's just the boot, I would get a replacement from Maciek @ Redline Goods. He does excellent work and can make whatever you want. He also just started releaseing e-brake handle covers. The boots are glued on to a plastic panel like roll_tide stated. Then you can use some heat to soften the adhesive, pull off the old one, and glue the new one on.

As for the actual handle, I had to cut mine off with a Dremel. Went with a JDM Momo one. I've only seen one other thread before talking about it and that guy had to cut the stock one off too. So, if you definitely want to go with the replacement handle idea, you better be commited because once you start the removal process you can't go back.

• 1 year later...
If you are replacing the stock plastic e-brake lever with the OEM (from same model year) leather e-brake lever, it will bolt up all the same, or am I missing something?

Archived