LegacyGT.com

01 Legacy Wagon Fuel Pump problem solved

01LGT_NB

370,000kms on the car - second owner...

A week ago, I drove the car to work and parked it with not a hint of a problem. After work, the car wouldn't start. It would turnover, cough, then not run. I could hear the fuel pump start.

Towed it to my mechanics garage. We checked for the basics - air, compression, timing, spark, and fuel. We installed a new fuel filter. We decided that now we couldn't hear the fuel pump so we took the assembly out and a new fuel pump went in.

We checked for flow - it looked weak, but we had flow.

Fuel lines installed and it did the same thing - turned over, coughed and wouldn't start. We took the assembly out again, checking our work. We noticed a jar like lid had a tang that was cracked and the lid was ajar. One of these pics has the lid in it's position as we found it - the other pic is the position it is supposed to be in.

Put the lid to the reservoir back on properly and the engine fire up and ran for a week. In the middle of a drive it suddenly stopped and we knew where to start. It did the same thing.

I bought a fuel pump assembly from the wreckers, took the lid off that one replaced the cracked original and now all is working again.

Now I have a fuel pump assembly - if anyone needs one - $100 +shipping you'll have to nic the lid off your old one to get this one working.

Onne

DSCN4588.JPG.2ab9395d9eec8de2b3dbf7b24336837c.JPG

DSCN4589.JPG.ae4348f41d4cf8d81f33dc086ca7bf88.JPG

Archived