LegacyGT.com

cheap nav and cheap mods

kdoty1986

I used to have a 04 altima and the regular radio size was a din and a half and i thought that was a bitch trying to get my double din stereo in there, is car takes it to a new level of pain in the ass. Ive read everything on here pertaining to double din stereos and such so i have come up with a soulution. I dont know if anyone has done this but i want to remove the flip door above the stereo and put a ebay nav mp3 mp4 with a built in fm transmitter. I found all kinda sizes on there but i believe that this one;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150556053381&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Rough measurements 15.9cm X 9.5cm x 1.5cm will fit pretty well in there i would like to disable that yellow light and i may have to fabricate some trim pieces but considering the almost 400 alternative i think this would be a good option.

As for the cheap mods I already made my own grille and i found tail light tint spray and rim paint and engine paint i hope to just pimp this car out for under 200 including nav, in just got a job i seriously have $20 in the bank but within a month id like to have all this done if this post is still up expect pictures in 30 days or less

IMAG0037.thumb.jpg.e74ad9d9674f5395ec164537713cee18.jpg

IMAG0041-1.thumb.jpg.25faa8edee88ca8da55a9acf520a2d32.jpg

Other than this thing probably being quite buggy, the thing that caught my eye was this line in the list of specs:

Working & Storage tem

Working temp 0-60℃ / Storage temp -20 - 60℃

So..... it won't work under 32 F? Yikes. That must be some pretty cheap-o screen on that thing. Seeing as how your photo has your car parked outside in snow, I'm thinking that you may run into issues here.

Some other ideas for you:

1. A used Pioneer AVIC-F500BT will have similar functionality and probably build quality which should be superior.

2. Get a touch screen MP3 player such as an iPod touch and mount it inside the cubby with the door still intact (it'll fit with some carving out of the cubby interior) so you can open/close the door to prevent prying eyes and sticky fingers.

Archived