LegacyGT.com

HID Turns Off

esco301

Installed some HID's This weekend and noticed tonight that after driving about five mins or so the drivers side light goes off. If I turn the lights off then back on it works fine. I'm thinking the ballast is getting to hot....Any thoughts????

Installed some HID's This weekend and noticed tonight that after driving about five mins or so the drivers side light goes off. If I turn the lights off then back on it works fine. I'm thinking the ballast is getting to hot....Any thoughts????

Return them and get new ones. http://www.ddmtuning.com lifetime warranty on the ballasts. I've purchased 5 or 6 sets through them for my car, truck, RV, and other setups. Best I've found yet, and the price is great.

I just ordered 2 more sets last week. They are redoing their site/inventory so they don't have the slim ballast models listed. Give them a call and they'll hook you up.

Did you run a relay to them? I know some ballasts need the relay and some don't. Sounds like its not getting enough juice to ignite and stay ignited

Bought them off a member who didn't know what brand they were. One of his buddies bought them/installed them for him. There is no brand name on them anywhere. Just a label on the ballast with a bar code on it. Does it matter what type of Relay kit I get?

Just looked and the 2-sided tape came loose. Grabbed some 3M VHB from werk.... switched the ballast with the passengers side to make sure it's not a bad bulb or ballast, but I think it is either heat or vibration??? http://www.ctsubie.com/forum/images/misc/progress.gif

Went for a drive and same thing... drivers side goes out after 5 mins or so. Bad bulb? Relay kit? or get a new kit from DDM?

Archived