LegacyGT.com

New Radiator...

So I have determined that I need a new radiator (by that the top output basically broke off with the upper rad hose =[ ) So after doing some searching I keep seeing either aluminum core or metal core radiators, and all metal versus metal with plastic tanks...I was probably going to go with this one http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=63483 from rock auto (Vista PRO 432536) for $87.89 or maybe one from like AutoZone (Spectra) for like $130... Also there are 2 types of radiator, with and without sensor fitting...when I put the new engine in and had the radiator out last time, I don't recall unplugging any sensor from the radiator besides the fans so I'm guessing I'm looking for one without the sensor fitting? Any ideas would be appreciated....

I also recently bought a new radiator, looks just like the original one, as well as the one in your link (including plastic end tanks). I too did not unplug any sensors. Make sure that if you have an auto, that you get one with AT cooler lines built-in (present in the photo). I don't know if there is a separate radiator and part number for manual trans cars.

Archived