LegacyGT.com

LGT: Living All Over Me

Trigger pulled, delivery taken today: this is a damn nice club to be in! Many thanks to all the helpful and insightful posters on this forum, without whom I’d not have started the haggle game so low, and I’d still be waiting for the ’06 Passat (while worrying about the over-engineered electronic circuitry on the redesign). Anyhoo, by way of paying my lurker dues, here’s a breakdown of the deal I wrangled for an in-stock vehicle w/80 miles on the ODO from a Massachusetts dealer:

Silver LGT Limited 5EAT w/armrest, autodim (no homelink), sub

Price w/o tax or doc fees: $26,250.

Trade: ’03 Saab 9-3 Arc, loaded w/18,900k: $18,500

Finance: $1500 cashback to dealer, 24k note at 4.25% for 60 mos

The only bummer: as I was taking delivery, the salesdude pointed out a long crescent scratch on the windshield that wasn’t noted before, caused by a pebble or something caught on the wiper. They are going to replace the entire front windshield, which means I’ll be in a loaner for a few days next week. I’m not worried about the windshield replacement – the auto glass guys do those all the time w/no problems – but being without the LGT now that I’ve had a taste will be murder.

FWIW, I loved the 9-3 for the sharp handling and confidence-inspiring road feedback, but the only things I’m gonna miss are the backup warning indicator (no dented bumpers) and the P-Zero’s; the wind noise, the hard-sled slam of the sport suspension, the ceaseless rattles, the computer bugs (auto-up windows that went up but would haphazardly shoot back down again because of an hyper-sensitive anti-pinch feature) were finally too much. Subaru did it right, and I’m looking forward to a long relationship with this fine, fine package. The best analogy I can think of is I had a hot but way too high-maintenance girlfriend, and now I’ve scored a girl just as hot, actually MORE smoking in many ways, AND I could marry this one! (Ladies, please reverse the gender before you flame me, and I’m sure you’ll appreciate my point:D :D :D).

Now, back to the owner’s manual. Where does it tell you how to do that cool trick where the tail spins out while cornering???

Archived