LegacyGT.com

coilover reviews

505Lgt

• 1 month later...

I've had Tein Basic's on my '02 Sentra SE-R and I loved them, though the car was a DD, saw a 1/4 once @ Orlando Speedway (not like it makes a difference) and never saw salt.. I had them for about a year and a half and then I sold the car when I moved to China.. and most likely I'll get the Tein Basics for my LGT and use the stock LGT top hats.

My only biggest worry with cheaper coilovers that offer more like damper adjusting, camber adjusting, is the reliability of those products.. with the higher quality products like RCE and CUSCO being priced the way they are, cheaper products like BC and Stance GR+'s worry me with quality and reliability.. I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for"

I had Tein Basics on my wagon for 40k. I liked them. Good stiff sporty and way better than stock. Was quoted ~$600 for rebuild by tein. Three piston rods needed to be replaced. Just couldn't see 400-600+ every rebuild to keep them. Koni's and EE springs now. Sometimes I miss the coilovers in the curves on my road.
All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

I just wouldn't cheap out on coilovers unless you don't care about ride quality. I'm about .5" above the tire on RCE T1's and it still rides better than stock which is hard to believe, I was/am blown away. I didn't expect them to ride so good.

I do. They are awesome. worth every penny.

Awesome for racing? or also awesome for driving around on public roads? I autox our car, but then ride my bike to work while my wife shuttles our kids around town all week. I've been thinking of only going for konis for fear she would hate coilovers.

We used to have an outback, but sold that last November.

I've had Tein Basic's on my '02 Sentra SE-R and I loved them, though the car was a DD, saw a 1/4 once @ Orlando Speedway (not like it makes a difference) and never saw salt.. I had them for about a year and a half and then I sold the car when I moved to China.. and most likely I'll get the Tein Basics for my LGT and use the stock LGT top hats.

My only biggest worry with cheaper coilovers that offer more like damper adjusting, camber adjusting, is the reliability of those products.. with the higher quality products like RCE and CUSCO being priced the way they are, cheaper products like BC and Stance GR+'s worry me with quality and reliability.. I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for"

What makes you say Stance are cheap?

I know of too many people who runs Stance and have nothing but good stuff to say about them.

BC sure, they are cheap, I classified them in the same category as Megans

My Fiance just recently got some JIC FLT-TAR coilovers for his BH wagon and had the guy from JIC switch out the rear spring from 12k to 8k cuz 12 was way to aggressive. Any how the ride on these coilovers are FIRM they will remind you always that you are on coilovers. They handle really well when it comes to taking corners and worth every penny . these would be great for anyone wanting to track their subie thats for sure.Not recommended for anyone that wants a comfy ride. =) i'll post more details on how it handles once it gets corner weighted....

Archived