LegacyGT.com

how much work??

im trying to get a new car here and i was goign to pick up a new 05gt, but now i am starting to like the body of the 2000 model of the gt, but i dont see many parts out there, and was wondering if it was even going to get the car up there in power before reaching the price of the 05... i just like the older body style and dont know if i should try to do an engine swap or something or just forget about it, if u can help please do...:confused:

It really depends on a LOT of factors as to what it will cost to do an engine swap. Some set-ups are easier than others.

However, it is a HUGE undertaking. If you don't have the know-how or resources its probably not a good idea. In the long run you will also need to worry about reliability.

It might work out slighly cheaper to do the swap, but when you look at the big picture and where you are investing your money, usually the newer car is the better route...IMO.

In terms of power, a swap MIGHT get you there in terms of power, again it depends on the engine. However chances are a modified new GT would still give you more for cheaper.

Archived