LegacyGT.com

tpms trick

stclark13

I've seen a bunch of threads on the tpms subject with no clear cut option to bypass the system per/say. There was one guy that mentioned putting the sensors in a pvc tube filling it with 35+ psi and the light will go out. Well it works at least on my 09 legacy 2.5i se. I bought 2in. pvc tube with 2 encaps, glued the ends on and drilled a hole for a valve stem. $10 wortht he parts total. The funny thing was when i went to the gas staion to fill the tube as soon as i put air in it the light went out while i was still outside the car. I put it in the trunk where the spare is and have seen no problems. And yes i have driven the car 50+ miles with multiple cycles of the ignition and still no light. Just an option for people who refuse to spend $140 on sensors for aftermarket wheels and another $150 for a tool to recalibrate.

• 3 weeks later...
Umm they were the stock sensors. i traded my stock wheels for aftermarket ones. when my friend had snow tires put on them he had the sensors pulled. Now instead of paying $80+ to have the tires pulled off to put the sensors back on i did this and it worked no issues. I also no longer have the car i traded it in a week ago for a GT and the dealer has no idea.

Archived