LegacyGT.com

Bilstein HD questions

Zac88

Looking to replace my stock struts with Bilstein HDs. Reasoning is that I want a stiffer ride but I cant lower my car so I have to use stock springs.

So can I just buy the struts or do I need to buy different springs with SpecB tophats?

I think you may need springs to match.

If you went with the Koni struts you wouldn't need anything else except maybe a set of donor front struts if you don't want to cut yours open. If they're the originals though, they're pretty much ready for the scrap heap anyway. It's really a pretty easy install if you have a tape measure, drill and hacksaw.

Cheers!

I'm running Bilstein HDs on Rallitek Springs with Spec B tophats with a spacer in the rear. These springs lower the car about 1/4"-1/2", not even noticable to the eye, really. They ride just like stock, but handle much better. This is definitely the way to go if you don't want to lower the car.

If I were you i'd look for a set of used HDs that include the Spec B tophats and pick up some Rallitek springs as well. Put those on the fronts, and reuse your stock rear tophats. Throw a 3/8" spacer on the back and the ride height front and rear will be even. Then enjoy. Will look like this:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb223/0honegt/Legacy/IMAG0249.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb223/0honegt/Legacy/IMAG0222.jpg

I'm running Bilstein HDs on Rallitek Springs with Spec B tophats with a spacer in the rear. These springs lower the car about 1/4"-1/2", not even noticable to the eye, really. They ride just like stock, but handle much better. This is definitely the way to go if you don't want to lower the car.

GTLEGACY007 is right on.....very conservative drop with that combo. I believe those are my old Ralliteks too :-). I've got Bilsteins/Swifts with 3/8 spacer and it's about the same as the Bilstein/Rallitek combo.

Your ride's looking nice man!!!

Archived