LegacyGT.com

Offset range without modification . . .

exsterminator

I have read the sticky at the top of the section and either don't fully understand it or it does not apply.

What I am unsure about is the range of acceptable offset difference between stock and replacement wheels that does NOT require any changes to the car. For example, my OBXT has a +48 offset and I am looking at purchasing some WRX wheels of identical size but that have a +55 offset. Is this +07 difference okay or will I need to change anything on the car??? IS there a rule of thumb for acceptable differences +- over stock offset? And will this require me to change the tire size over stock?

Thanks,

The table with the info you're looking for is in the FAQ:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-offsets-sizes-rims-and-tires-gt-xenonk-version-4426.html

This part means that the acceptable offset depends how wide the wheel is. If it's a set of 17" wheels that are 8" wide, then +43mm to +51mm offset will be usable with stock suspension. If the offset is within the range in those tables, then it is ok.

6.5" (+34mm to +60mm offset, +55) *for 2.5i only

7.0" (+37mm to +57mm offset, +55)

7.5" (+40mm to +54mm offset, +55)

8.0" (+43mm to +51mm offset, +53)

8.5" (+45mm to +48mm offset, +45) *will need to roll the fenders if tires are wider than 255

9.0" (+43mm to +45mm offset, +43) *will need to roll the fenders if tires are wider than 255

9.5" (+38mm to +40mm offset, +38) *will need to roll the fenders if tires are wider than 255

How tall and wide are the WRX wheels you are looking at? Offset isn't the only thing that matters. Using the table above (from the FAQ), if the WRX wheels are 6.5 or 7" wide, then +55 offset will be ok. Anything wider than that, and you might experience rubbing.

That whole FAQ is a compilation of acceptable difference +- over stock offset, and tire sizes.

The table with the info you're looking for is in the FAQ:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-offsets-sizes-rims-and-tires-gt-xenonk-version-4426.html

This part means that the acceptable offset depends how wide the wheel is. If it's a set of 17" wheels that are 8" wide, then +43mm to +51mm offset will be usable with stock suspension. If the offset is within the range in those tables, then it is ok.

6.5" (+34mm to +60mm offset, +55) *for 2.5i only

7.0" (+37mm to +57mm offset, +55)

7.5" (+40mm to +54mm offset, +55)

8.0" (+43mm to +51mm offset, +53)

8.5" (+45mm to +48mm offset, +45) *will need to roll the fenders if tires are wider than 255

9.0" (+43mm to +45mm offset, +43) *will need to roll the fenders if tires are wider than 255

9.5" (+38mm to +40mm offset, +38) *will need to roll the fenders if tires are wider than 255

How tall and wide are the WRX wheels you are looking at? Offset isn't the only thing that matters. Using the table above (from the FAQ), if the WRX wheels are 6.5 or 7" wide, then +55 offset will be ok. Anything wider than that, and you might experience rubbing.

That whole FAQ is a compilation of acceptable difference +- over stock offset, and tire sizes.

Hahahaha, that is hilarious! This is the sticky I read and I guess i was correct in that i didn't fully understand it. Thanks so much for clarifying it and making me feel like a complete moron!!!! Wheels are 17x7 like my stockers but with +55 offset which I guess means they will fit without problems. Now I understand this part of the sticky I ought to be able to work out acceptable tire options!

Archived