LegacyGT.com

Subaru Impreza WRX vs Subaru Legacy 3.0R

I am currently flirting with the idea of selling my legacy and getting the WRX. Reason being that I am jealous that people can drive stick shift and I want to give stick shift a try. I also that thought I should give turbocharged cars a try.

However, GEICO quoted me nearly $500 to insure my car per month while they want $286 for my 3.0R and $275 for Legacy GT . I am currently a single male studying in College and I am turning 22 next week but isn't $500 a bit steep? Even for a WRX? Should I get a WRX? :confused:

Get a LGT instead?

There isn't a LGT in 500 miles radius that is within my budget or within reasonable mileage. Unless of course I get a 2005-2007 LGT but won't it be weird to be getting a 2005-2007 LGT when I am already driving a 2009 3.0R? :lol:

There isn't a LGT in 500 miles radius that is within my budget or within reasonable mileage. Unless of course I get a 2005-2007 LGT but won't it be weird to be getting a 2005-2007 LGT when I am already driving a 2009 3.0R? :lol:

You've already got a really nice car. No sense in trading it in for a WRX just b/c you want to drive stick. Save the money and don't double your insurance payments. Not worth it IMO.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

You guys are right, I love the way how the 4th generation legacy is designed. Maybe I will jump on a manual LGT if an opportunity arises. I guess for the time being I will stick with my 3.0R.

Thanks for the input guys. Truly appreciate it. :)

Glad you can hold off.

Yeah at 25 insurance starts to get significantly cheaper.

At 25 I was quoted $90 (very high coverage) per month for a 2005 LGT (3 years old at the time) and I was quoted $220 a month for a cheaper, older 2003 WRX.

Unfortunately due to the cheap pocket rocket status, a lot of younger people buy them and crash them causing the rates to be quite high. Unfortunately I have a bad feeling this will be true of the Toyobaru coming out too.

wrx has a high premium cause kids your age drive them like asshats and crash them.

This. I think there are still pics somewhere on this forum from where there was a Legacy meet, and someone in a WRX showed up. Everyone was hanging out talking and the WRX owner tried to show off and failed. They spun out, hit a curb, and ended up in the woods.

wrx has a high premium cause kids your age drive them like asshats and crash them. I was 23 when i got my LGT and encountered the same issues. that was one of the reasons i got LGT instead of a STI.

+1 this was probably one of the biggest deciding factors when I bought my LGT. STi would have been over $350/month to insure while the Leggy costs me ~$70/month with no deductible, full glass etc, which leaves me a nice chunk of change to play with mods every month.:)

Archived